Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am now supercharged with a SALEEN!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
AZ06GT
1st Gear Member

Awesome...sounds like you got a great deal.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:35 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Congrats man, welcome to the Saleen club.

I put about 14k miles on mine since I installed it in January of this year. It's been great fun and I still get great mileage... usually around 21-22mpg, but that's about 70-80% highway.

Did you exhaust get louder or change tone? My Corsa's got significantly louder at WOT once the blower was installed.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Dude that is awesome. $200 for a SC install, outstanding!!! Brenspeed would be one of the few companies I would trust to work on my car. Huge score, congrats. Need some video when your weather clears. Did your exhaust note change after the install? Mine actually did, at idle and at WOT it seems to overpower the mufflers now. Did they tell you get get rid of the ceramic hf cats?
Yea man the 200 dollar install was to cheap to pass up so i took advantage. I had about 1500 dollars in savings when i pulled the trigger for everthing. My intentions were to do this in the spring but with the huge savings I couldnt pass it up. Exhaust did a change a little Infact my girlfriend thought it had gotten quieter. I did ask about the HF cats and he seemed to think i would be okay. That was a concern of mine. I'll keep my eye on it. When i go to the track next summer i'll be certain to post a vid.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
Congrats on the new mod. They installed my whipple last summer while my kids and I stayed in their guest house. They are a great company to work with for sure. Hope the weather clears so you can go play with it.

They are a top notch company. I had the offer of staying at the guest house but my parents live about 5 miles away from them so i stayed with them. My dad and I went back to the shop after about 4 hours and chatted with chandler and the mechanic. Then when i picked the car up I met the owner. It was a good experience and everyone is very nice. The only downside was the fact that i had bronchitis which i just found out.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
Congrats man, welcome to the Saleen club.

I put about 14k miles on mine since I installed it in January of this year. It's been great fun and I still get great mileage... usually around 21-22mpg, but that's about 70-80% highway.

Did you exhaust get louder or change tone? My Corsa's got significantly louder at WOT once the blower was installed.
I havent had a chance to get into it at WOT b/c of the roads and im little nervous right now since i dont know my car as well as i use to but i will surely experience that when weather is permitting. ON start up it seems more beasty.

im hoping for atleast 20 on the road and 17 to 18 around town. WE'LL SEE WITH THE CAMS
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

congrats and glad eveything went well! did you ever think of moving south? i do everyday in the winter. it's tough when you read about someone telling you what they are doing to there car today.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I remember when I was like, "Yeah....475 HP will be enough for me"

Now I'm at 540, and STILL want more.

Soon to be at 650.

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
congrats and glad eveything went well! did you ever think of moving south? i do everyday in the winter. it's tough when you read about someone telling you what they are doing to there car today.
You mean like this...

My friend was complaining on facebook about it being -5 degrees in North Dakota a few weeks ago.

My reply?

"Hey man, move to Florida. I just finished washing the Shelby in shorts and a T-shirt, and I wasn't wearing shoes."

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 12-05-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I remember when I was like, "Yeah....475 HP will be enough for me"

Now I'm at 540, and STILL want more.

Soon to be at 650.

You mean like this...

My friend was complaining on facebook about it being -5 degrees in North Dakota a few weeks ago.

My reply?

"Hey man, move to Florida. I just finished washing the Shelby in shorts and a T-shirt, and I wasn't wearing shoes."

I hear you about wanting more power but im hoping that this will curve my appetite for more power. Plus I hadnt really planned on doing the engine but i did ask Brenspeed about there 302 motor and how much it cost to get something like that done. So maybe in a few years. I'd like to move to the south sometime maybe around South Carolina area.

I wish i could be outside washing my car in shorts and a t-shirt. Lucky man
Old 12-05-2010, 02:44 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

if i didnt lose so much seniority and 4 weeks vacation time at work i would be outa here!!! the car sits in my garage from nov. till april and it is too cold in garage to work on it!! IT SUCKS!!