Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Dampers For S197

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 AM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

Default Eibach Dampers For S197

Any one using the Eibach dampers for the S197? Just wanting to get people's opinion on them.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VetteHunter
Any one using the Eibach dampers for the S197? Just wanting to get people's opinion on them.
Thought about getting them myself, you may wanna check out the Koni Strts too.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

im not to familiar wuth koni... hence my apprehension
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

It's been a well known fact that the Koni STR and the Steeda Sports springs gives you the best ride versus lowering the vehicle...checkout the handling section of this forum.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

IMO there are better choices for the money. For dampers, you should aim for some adjustable ones, because every car is different and road conditions are different. I got some Tokico D-Specs; they are fully adjustable in the front and rear. I also lowered my car with H&R springs, and the ride quality is just fine despite what others may say.

However, with a lowered car you will need other parts to go with it. For me, I also added a adjustable panhard bar, and a set of ingall's camber bolts. Some upgrade the mounts but it wasn't necessary for me.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avalanch3
IMO there are better choices for the money. For dampers, you should aim for some adjustable ones, because every car is different and road conditions are different. I got some Tokico D-Specs; they are fully adjustable in the front and rear. I also lowered my car with H&R springs, and the ride quality is just fine despite what others may say.

However, with a lowered car you will need other parts to go with it. For me, I also added a adjustable panhard bar, and a set of ingall's camber bolts. Some upgrade the mounts but it wasn't necessary for me.
ive already got adj lca's from steeda and eibachs anti-roll kit... imjust trying to figure out the shocks and springs, then move on to the pan hard rod and UCAs from steeda. Then Ill be done for awhile...ok no i wont. But ill slow down when I get to that point
Old 12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

ive already got adj lca's from steeda and eibachs anti-roll kit... imjust trying to figure out the shocks and springs, then move on to the pan hard rod and UCAs from steeda. Then Ill be done for awhile...ok no i wont. But ill slow down when I get to that point
Unless you are going to track the car, you don't need all that stuff....just the shocks, springs and HD Strut mounts from Steeda.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...installed.html

Last edited by Roy_R; 12-16-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:17 PM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

either the Koni or the Tokico D specs then?? How are the Tokico HP? Also Steeda's pro action struts are made by Tokico, and they said the valving was specifically made for Steeda's sport springs.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 PM
gabb
1st Gear Member

either the Koni or the Tokico D specs then?? How are the Tokico HP? Also Steeda's pro action struts are made by Tokico, and they said the valving was specifically made for Steeda's sport springs.
I have the Koni strt. They are an improvement over shocks that came with the FRPP handling kit. I'm thinking of changing the springs as well to Steeda Sports, they should be softer than the FRPP ones.

Every setup will depend on your goals with the car. Do you autoX or are you going to take it to a track often? What are the road conditions like in your area?

For me, I wont be going to a track or autoX very often if at all. The road here suck, pot holes everywhere and very bumpy raods. That's why I'm trying out the Steeda sport springs.

My advice to you is to figure out you goals for this car, check out the Handling section of this forum and maybe give Sam Strano a call. A very helpful bloke with alot of knowledge of different setups for this car. Good luck.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Tokico HP's are basically mass-market aftermarket OE-replacement shocks. Don't confuse their use of "HP" for the product name with High Performance. Buy them for the car that you're going to be getting rid of within the year or for the winter beater/available spare car that doesn't get much other use.

Koni Sports (yellows), Tokico D-specs in that order if you want adjustability.

Koni STR.t's if you don't.

Most everything else.

It would be nice to know just a little more about the 'specific valving' claimed by Steeda. My own experience with Illuminas (another line of Tokico shocks/struts, adjustable, and that does have some performance intent with stiffer than OE spring capability) is that they tend to ride more harshly than necessary for the level of control provided. I'd want to know that somebody over there in Tokico engineering figured out how to fix this.

Norm

Quick Reply: Eibach Dampers For S197