Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My own car honks at me? Quickly please...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:55 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Don't let the dealership give you the run-around. They do that alot. I assume that Ford pays really S***ty compensation for warranty work.

But yes, your car should not honk at you, ever. Whatever is going on, it is faulty somewhere.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

I took it to my nearest Ford dealer at 10:30 this morning while it was raining and the problem happened again on my way down to them. I was told that it could be a problem with the alarm system that Galpin puts on their cars. I had no idea that the alarm system that I had was Galpin specific. Crap. If that is indeed the problem then I have to drive 2+ hours to get the car to Galpin. Stupid dealerships. Its 12:40 and no news.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I know what you're thinking, but in a '10? I assumed that issue was resolved after the '09s...
what is the issue youre thinking of?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hi 5spdftw,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. Glad to hear you are working with the dealership. They can diagnose it and find the cause of this noise. I could also look into this for you. Please private message me your VIN, mileage, dealer and, your contact info so I can research this further.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division
Old 12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VetteHunter
what is the issue youre thinking of?
Nuke is referring to the TSB's associated with the water leaks... This particular issue can damage/corrode the SJB and introduce all kinds of weird electrical gremlins...

Don
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

OH NO! I hope my cars not a victim of this!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VetteHunter
OH NO! I hope my cars not a victim of this!
Not to thread jack, but are you having any problems like unexplained electrical gremlins, wet passenger floor carpeting, and excessive interior condensation on the windshield? If not, you are probably ok. Just read over the TSB's to familiarize yourself with them and read up on ALL of the potential sources (e.g. the cabin filter) of the water and you should be better prepared. Lastly, some people never drive their Mustangs in the rain and only park in the garage and will likely never experience this. Unfortunately, my garage is my storage area and she's my DD...

Don
Old 12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

Well I heard from the dealer and they couldn't get to it today so I have to leave my baby with them overnight. They claim to have been unable to recreate the honking. I call BS. They're just going to point the finger at Galpin.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

is anyone else really skeptical of this deysha person? seems like a scam to me but who knows anymore
Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
VetteHunter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Not to thread jack, but are you having any problems like unexplained electrical gremlins, wet passenger floor carpeting, and excessive interior condensation on the windshield? If not, you are probably ok. Just read over the TSB's to familiarize yourself with them and read up on ALL of the potential sources (e.g. the cabin filter) of the water and you should be better prepared. Lastly, some people never drive their Mustangs in the rain and only park in the garage and will likely never experience this. Unfortunately, my garage is my storage area and she's my DD...

Don
shes a hibernator lol... my DD is a saturn aura.

not to thread jack also, but whered you get that decklick ornament?

Quick Reply: My own car honks at me? Quickly please...