Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seat headrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 12:19 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

39mto39g congrats on the New Mustang, funny thing my insurance dropped $2 when I added my LX, I guess it dropped cause money wise it's not worth squat, but to me it's priceless. Maybe they will come out with a rear seat delete pkg for the 2011 and then you can haul more than ***!!! BTW I asked the insurance company about my LX being engine code E and they said it didn't matter. EDIT- I stand corrected American Muscle does sell a rear seat delete for 2011.

Last edited by TexasTanker19kilo20; 12-24-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: AM corrected me!!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

This thread has all kinds of fail in it -__-
Old 12-24-2010, 01:55 PM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TexasTanker19kilo20
39mto39g congrats on the New Mustang, funny thing my insurance dropped $2 when I added my LX, I guess it dropped cause money wise it's not worth squat, but to me it's priceless. Maybe they will come out with a rear seat delete pkg for the 2011 and then you can haul more than ***!!! BTW I asked the insurance company about my LX being engine code E and they said it didn't matter. EDIT- I stand corrected American Muscle does sell a rear seat delete for 2011.
Ask and you shall receive Merry Christmas!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/seat-delete-kit-05.html
Old 12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Maybe that's an optical illusion but the bottom part of the seat doesn't look flat. If it is flat, I like it, Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 04:13 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
My nine year olds are more than willing and able to ride in the back seat when mine finally arrives. It's the reason why I bought a Mustang over a Corvette or Porsche 911.
well at least mustang owners can put kids in the back seat... corvette owners have to carry their young in their mouth
Old 12-24-2010, 05:44 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LTDan
Ask and you shall receive Merry Christmas!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/seat-delete-kit-05.html
I wonder how functional this kit is? I mean as far as putting stuff back there, kind of like a bit of additional cargo carrying capacity?
I guess it makes absolutely no difference if you do not drive your car as a DD.

But maybe for a speaker set-up to turn your ride into a ghetto-blaster that shakes all your quarter panels off your car! LOL
Old 12-24-2010, 06:10 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

What those kits need is the looks of the vert rear seat covers when the top is down. Make the area into a lockable storage area with a good looking appearance, not just an empty box with a bit of carpeting and thin wood. Maybe even open to the trunk for larger items.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
What those kits need is the looks of the vert rear seat covers when the top is down. Make the area into a lockable storage area with a good looking appearance, not just an empty box with a bit of carpeting and thin wood. Maybe even open to the trunk for larger items.
That actually sounds like a good idea!

Or better yet, I wonder if a front engine delete is possible and you relocate the engine and tranny behind you for a mid-engine set-up? LOL
Old 12-24-2010, 06:16 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That actually sounds like a good idea!

Or better yet, I wonder if a front engine delete is possible and you relocate the engine and tranny behind you for a mid-engine set-up? LOL
That would mean relocating the sound tube and the effect might be lost with more length.........
Old 12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Makes perfect sense. The insurance companies make some really S***ty decisions on choosing variables that affect premiums.
S*** that has absolutely no bearing on if your car is really more prone to being in an accident or not. S*** like:

The color of the car
Your credit score
If it has an air conditioner

These bastards are really reaching for any excuse to find a new variable to raise rates.
These clowns need to go back to statistics school and RELEARN the difference between a CAUSATIVE VARIABLE and a CORRELATIVE VARIABLE.
LOL, my insurance called yesterday and asked about the options on my Mustang. They asked if it had any of the following options becaues they would increase the value of the car and they would have to adjust my insurance rates to be in line with the correct value of the vehicle. These all important options that would increase my rates were: Engine block heater, floor mats, 3.31 gear ratio, day time running lights, yellow paint, red paint.

WTF? How do floor mats increase value insurance wise? The last thing that would be on my mind after hitting a wall with my car is buying new floor mats. the fu*k?

Quick Reply: Rear seat headrest