Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Baltimore Street Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 PM
k1975collins

Default Problems with Baltimore Street Mods

Some time ago(maybe a month or two) i saw a post on here about Baltimore street mods. The poster was asking if anybody has ever heard of the company and what the people here on Mustang Forums thought of their product. As i was reading that post and the replies to that post i started again thinking of getting stripes on the stang.
However one of the replies to that post stated that Rob(at Baltimore Street Mods) may have been in a little trouble over copyright issues and that his website had moved or was shut off.
I had always heard great things about B.S.M. so i was curious if they were still in buisness. So i went to their website and it was still up and running, although now it stated that they are in no was affiliated with Ford Motor Comp and stuff. Being a little leary of dealing with anybody who may be in trouble, i sent an email to Rob asking a few questions.
To my surprise he answered right away, so with his prompt reply, i was no longer worried about dealing with him and immediately placed a 140.00$ order, i bought a wide center stripe for just my hood and Roush 427 tribute hockey stick stripes, i bought and paid for them on the 14 of december.
On the 20th i got an email from rob stating that my order was shipped, immediately after that email, i got another email from PAYPAL, which included a USPS tracking code(becuase when i bought my stripes i was forced to pay another $15.00 for priority 2-3 day shipping, Rob does not allow anyother shipping), well back on the 20th i tried to track my package using the supplied tracking code and it said that "they are expecting a package but have not recieved it yet and that they will update when they receive the package from the sender"(which is completely normal), HOWEVER, its now the 28 and the post office has still not received my package. Its been 14 days since i placed and paid for my order.
i know that the top of his website notifies customers that "his buisness is custom and that he cuts and processes orders as he receives them, the stripes are not sitting around getting dusty", but i feel its been two weeks, and its been 8 days since he sent me an email telling me he shipped my package.
im planning on filling a complaint with PAYPAL and i am warning other users here on Mustang Forums about his buisness practices.....
what do you think? should i give another week or two before i file that complaint?(even though i paid for 2-3 day priority shipping)
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

The only excuse I can think of for him is that it IS the holiday season but I personally would not be happy at all if I were in your shoes. Have you tried contacting him again? If you do that and he says he shipped them I would complain (I still might regardless).

However, I hope things work out for you in the end and be sure to upload some pics of your ride afterwards!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

You need to call BSM immediately.......ask what's going on?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I'd be calling them every day multiple times a day until I got in touch with them.
Here is the phone number

443-904-4057
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I bought from them once. I received decals that were smashed up into a tube (poorly packaged, clearly) and were sticking to themselves. I received no reply to multiple attempts at getting a replacement. It was the equivalent of wiping my *** with $100.

Save yourself hassles and buy from the pros: www.graphic-express.com
I've bought from them about a dozen times now and the quality of the kits are second to none. They are also nice people to boot. Not all vinyl graphics are created equally. I've learned this the "hard way" over the past 10 years.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

I'd call and find out what's going on. Bought my hood stripe 3 years ago from BSM, my car lives outside and it still looks great.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
luvmygt
2nd Gear Member

i live in baltimore and everyone that i have met locally that has received stripes from them has no complaints. I would say call and get it straight...and if u can't get it straight keep spreading the word. Nothing makes businesses move faster than bad publicity.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure if it's any consolation, but, with USPS you usually won't be able to see the shipping information until you've already got the package. It's a horrible, horrible service.

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
I'm not sure if it's any consolation, but, with USPS you usually won't be able to see the shipping information until you've already got the package. It's a horrible, horrible service.

Good luck.
I've had the same issues with USPS. They rarely update their shipping info. I've ordered several things from B.S.M. without any problems. It did take 2 to 3 weeks to get my order. If you're worried then I would give them a call and find out what's going on with your order.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

I'd check with BSM. Like the others said, USPS tracking is horrible. Most times I see notification of package for pickup and then delivery, and no updtaes in between.

Quick Reply: Problems with Baltimore Street Mods