Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
I'm not sure what Aston Martin uses for it's door hinges, but the door stops and stays exactly where you leave it. It works this way at least on the V8 Vantage.
Now if only I had the cash for a Vantage
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

OK
Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Recon111
You guys are something else.
I NEVER park next to anyone, ever. I have never door ding anyone, ever.
That spot has little to do with me, I was just putting something out there to have a conversation, I guess I should have said, "What Kind of wheels should I get" or "which exhaust"
If you want to TRY to belittle or degrade a post why is it that you would hit the reply button at all, I mean just don't reply, much easier. And your Dumb a-- meter doesn't move.
How do you accomplish this? I must know your ways Jedi.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

OP you do raise a good question. I have never understood why the door has to swing out so far either. Maybe to accommodate large humans?
There should be a way to adjust the door so if needed to swing out far (vacuuming etc.) you can do that.
When I drive my Mustang, I always park so far away from all the other cars.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Ike-Mike
It's not real difficult, when you go any place, that parking spot that is way out there, That ones mine. If there are cars out there I just go back home. Never park next to anyone, never will. No door dings. Is that really a 29 in that 70?

OH 7
Yeah, a door open limiter would work, big faties don't need to be driving a mustang anyway, maybe a hummer instead.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Ike-Mike
It's not real difficult, when you go any place, that parking spot that is way out there, That ones mine. If there are cars out there I just go back home. Never park next to anyone, never will. No door dings. Is that really a 29 in that 70?

OH 7
Yeah, a door open limiter would work, big faties don't need to be driving a mustang anyway, maybe a hummer instead.
Noooo way, the fatties end up buying corvettes and have to roll out of them
Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Ike-Mike

OH 7
Oh, im a lazy **** so i squeeze in any parking lot closest to where i need to go. No dings so far! and what do you mean about 29?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

I think he means a 429, and I think its hilarious that if there isn't a spot that isn't far enough away he goes home. There has to be a name for such a disorder.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Ike-Mike
It's not real difficult, when you go any place, that parking spot that is way out there, That ones mine. If there are cars out there I just go back home. Never park next to anyone, never will. No door dings.
I am **** like that too! I don't like or want to park next to other cars and if there's not enough empty spaces far away, I go to some other place.
No dings or dents on mine either.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Ike mike
That's a Boss 429 hood scoop on the 70, I was wandering if it had a 429 in it, But then, the 429s didn't have a stripe.

Lost boy
I would think it would be more of a disorder to park a shinny new mustang in the middle of two cars. There is nothing in any particular store that I need so much that I would risk a door ding, I would just go home, or if it's something I really need, go some place else. But then You can park your car wherever you wish, disorder free.

No dings no dents is important to some and not to others, The guy who buys your car next will thank you

Quick Reply: doors