Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arggh! The wait is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:36 AM
NzYme

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
If I caught someone hot rodding my car like that I would have ate that fuggers face off.
Then I would have made a mask out of it, a suit out of the rest of his skin, tucked my junk in between my legs making a mangina and danced in front of a full body mirror.

Oh wait... that's Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs.

Ok... cancel that... but I still would have ate the fuggers face off.

lol!
Seriously though...
I
would
have
ate
his
face
off
Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
I ordered my 5.0 on 11/24 and was given an estimated delivery time of 8-12 weeks. I called in today to see how the progress was going and I still haven't been given a build date yet! Now I don't mind the wait since January-late March in NYC = no good and we recently got hit with 21+ inches of snow, but little by little I have been getting antsy as hell. I want it in my possession already! Does anyone know where they are being built and have a number so I can contact them to see if they have started, or should I just go through my dealership and just wait patiently? How long did it take for you guys to receive your 5.0s? One last question, now that the 2011's are essentially out of the loop, will I be getting a 2012 5.0 since I haven't gotten a build date yet?
You're going to be waiting a bit longer and yours will definately be a 2012. The order window closed and the order window for 2012 opened on 11/19/10. The first week of production for 2012 starts 1/17/11 so if yours is built the first week it won't arrive until the very end of February at the earliest. You can do a search for the 2012 order guide and the adjustable EPAS is included on the 2012. theACE pretty well covered the 2012 changes.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

http://www.stangnet.com/images/stori...OrderGuide.pdf
Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
Ditto. I hate out of place looking stuff, so I just keep the garage remote in the front cup holder slot. I am totally swapping in the new visor.
I used Velcro to mount my garage opener on (under) my dash.. just above and to the right of my right knee.. out of sight.. and I just slide my hand under to press the button.

Last edited by MrSandman; 01-02-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

If I caught someone hot rodding my car like that I would have ate that fuggers face off.
Then I would have made a mask out of it, a suit out of the rest of his skin, tucked my junk in between my legs making a mangina and danced in front of a full body mirror.

lol!
Seriously though...
I
would
have
ate
his
face
off

"Put the lotion in the basket"
Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

lol!
Seriously though...
I
would
have
ate
his
face
off
lol! Nice Blacksmoke.. I agree too.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by MrSandman
"Put the lotion in the basket"
LOL!

"It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again."
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
seriously?? i caught the asshat at the walmart bringing my car from the oil change to the parking place in full boost one time, i was so pissed. in the packing lot in someone else's car with it floored, and he was proud that the car was fast. some people.
I guess that is a lesson for us all: Walmart sucks on so many levels: They only sell S*** that is made in China and thus contribute to job loss and wage depression, their policies are crummy, and they pay their employees such low wages that the only people they can hire to work in their car are guys who don't give a damn.

Since those Wallyworld auto guys don't care because they are payed so poorly (wage & benefit depression), of course, they do not give two S***s about the cars they service. I would never bring my 'Stang to their damn place.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I guess that is a lesson for us all: Walmart sucks on so many levels: They only sell S*** that is made in China and thus contribute to job loss and wage depression, their policies are crummy, and they pay their employees such low wages that the only people they can hire to work in their car are guys who don't give a damn.

Since those Wallyworld auto guys don't care because they are payed so poorly (wage & benefit depression), of course, they do not give two S***s about the cars they service. I would never bring my 'Stang to their damn place.
I too wouldn't have Wal-Mart change my tire let alone change the oil in my cars!
I know some of you are against taking it to the dealer...I take mine there because I know they take care of my car and I know the tech working on it as well as the super.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

The only people that have driven my car since my motor was built is Sactown, a mechanic at Ford (used to own a speed shop and is a good friend) and the guy who does my gears (blower was valet mode so he could not get into boost).

A couple years ago, there were some techs at a Ford dealership revving my car in the back parking lot, bouncing it off the limiter. I was talking with the manager and we could hear the turbo spooling and blowing off. We both walked back there and I didn't really plan on it, but I went crazy with four letter words when I was saw it was my car. I ripped the guy out of the driver seat by his shirt, he fell down. The manager sent him home for the day. Don't know what happened after that since I left.

Quick Reply: Arggh! The wait is killing me!