Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC X920BT Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Default Pioneer AVIC X920BT Wiring

I bought myself the above mentioned unit as a Christmas present this year and am headed into the garage to install it myself. I have done some stereo work in my teenage years but these new DD units have way more bells and whistles.

Here is my question, although clearly illegal in many if not all States and Provinces, I would like to wire up the DVD so my passenger(s) can watch a video as we take a trip. Does anyone have any solutions for this?

Before you give me the "Search this" speech, I have... on this site and many others. I have read TacoBill's How to about 50 times. He does say you need a Pac TR-7 kit for this to work properly. I was hoping there were other easier options.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

You could just do this. That came up as the second entry from googling ¨AVIC X920BT bypass¨.

And here in video..
[youtube]2lxMNf7rLZo[/youtube]

It´s nice these guy´s show you on youtube, but they´re not the brightest bulbs. You can just pop the lead out by un-clipping the pin hooks the harness uses with a very small screwdriver from rag-shack or the like rather than FUBAR´ing the harness with a razor-blade.

As I understand it, this will bypass both the dvd and nav lockouts.

Never bothered with any of these units as I never got the point to 500+ bucks for a limited HU, but that´s just my snobbery.

Last edited by wayne613; 01-04-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

I did the above bypass on mine and it worked great. DVD's nav phone etc all work while driving
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! Sometimes you can't see the Forrest for the trees.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

This is the unit I installed last spring, it's a great unit.

I used the PAC module and did the bypass mod and it works great
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

If this is any help, I went around that safety feature by purchasing a 160GB Ipod and then I put my movies on that. And now I can watch movies on the screen with out any issues. Just be careful of cops cause its illegal to watch a movie while driving, at least it is in my jurisdiction it is.Another ****ty safety feature is that you have to have the hand brake on in order to program a destination. You can go around it by simply playing with the wiring. I learned how to do it from You Tube. Just punch in the model and and there are a **** load of videos.Some guy goes through the procedure and its its relatively easy. Good luck men.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
I did the above bypass on mine and it worked great. DVD's nav phone etc all work while driving
I wired up my harness this weekend. I did not do the bypass thing yet. Wired it normally with the parking brake and ground wires attached to their respective wires on the PAC harness. The mute wire remains free.

So, the question I have is...
1. Did you wire the ground and parking brake wires to their respective mates?
2. If not, did you just combine the parking brake, mute, and ground wires from the radio side, and then to the ground on the PAC harness?
3. Did you leave the parking break wire from the PAC harness untouched?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ResQman
So, the question I have is...
1. Did you wire the ground and parking brake wires to their respective mates?
2. If not, did you just combine the parking brake, mute, and ground wires from the radio side, and then to the ground on the PAC harness?
3. Did you leave the parking break wire from the PAC harness untouched?
1+2. Ground still goes to ground, just with the e-brake and mute (once moved over) tied into it. All 3 from just the head-unit only to ground.
3. Yes, just tie the e-brake (and mute if there)from the PAC off.

Last edited by wayne613; 01-09-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks very much. Now, if it warms up a bit here, maybe i can get the unit installed into my car. its still cold and blowing but my baby is under a nice blanket in the garage (unheated) staying clean. won't be getting her out on the road until most likely late March!

Going to be painfull waiting to use the radio!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by ResQman
Thanks very much. Now, if it warms up a bit here, maybe i can get the unit installed into my car. its still cold and blowing but my baby is under a nice blanket in the garage (unheated) staying clean. won't be getting her out on the road until most likely late March!

Going to be painfull waiting to use the radio!

I hear ya man, I heard you folks got a super nasty storm last week. Im out in Ontario, and we got hit 2 weeks ago lol.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC X920BT Wiring