Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Offroad X installed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrockgts197
How does the Magnaflow X fit? I had the MAC o/r X on my car and it hung down way too low. Accompanied with the Pypes MM system, which never fit anywhere near correctly, it was a disaster. I finally took everything off, threw it in the trash (literally), and put all the stock stuff back on. I was sick of the leaks, scraping, and rattling pipes. I'm getting the Borla S type catback and I'm looking for a new X pipe.
Same exact thing with me!

Last edited by JasperGT; 01-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

The Magnaflow fits great, no issues whatsoever... very raspy, though that may be the nature of x-pipes in general.

The Corsa's don't even sound like Corsa's anymore which is a disappointment. But at least they hold true to the 'no drone' guarantee.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
The Magnaflow fits great, no issues whatsoever... very raspy, though that may be the nature of x-pipes in general.

The Corsa's don't even sound like Corsa's anymore which is a disappointment. But at least they hold true to the 'no drone' guarantee.
Just thinking out loud here, but do you think an offroad H or a Pro Chamber may be less raspy than the X....
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Milspec
Just thinking out loud here, but do you think an offroad H or a Pro Chamber may be less raspy than the X....
The H will definately be less raspy and the prochamber will also be less raspy.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Milspec
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too... I'd love to get one but just bought a Pro5.0 and don't want to spend anymore on the car for the time being.

I'm getting more used to it the more I drive it. The idle is fantastic, I just don't like the tone and raspiness at part throttle.

It sure is fun scaring the crap out of people though. Someone in the car next to me was texting on the drive home so I pulled up so my rear was inline with their doors and I revved up to around 6k and then slowed back down.... their reaction was awesome: dropped phone, then the middle finger. :-)
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Installing resonators/glasspacks may take away some of the raspiness.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

So I did boom tubes and OR X. Boy it's loud and yes in the car WOT with windows down sounds like azz..... but before you change out... get someone to drive it with you outisde. Sounds a lot different. I was ready to change back to factory pipe the first test drive... but outside sounds way better...My wife can hear me stomping on it 2-3 miles away over TV. But it's a road that's parallel with my house and nothing in between... The good thing about this exhaust I don't tend to romp on it as much lol so noisy.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
So I did boom tubes and OR X. Boy it's loud and yes in the car WOT with windows down sounds like azz..... but before you change out... get someone to drive it with you outisde. Sounds a lot different. I was ready to change back to factory pipe the first test drive... but outside sounds way better... My wife can hear me stomping on it 2-3 miles away over TV. But it's a road that's parallel with my house and nothing in between... The good thing about this exhaust I don't tend to romp on it as much lol so noisy.
I don't care what it sounds like to everyone else... I'm the one who's driving it and if it sounds like *** to me inside the car, well then it sounds like ***. :-)
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I don't care what it sounds like to everyone else... I'm the one who's driving it and if it sounds like *** to me inside the car, well then it sounds like ***. :-)
lol you just answered your own question. Revert back to factory H.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

It sure is fun scaring the crap out of people though. Someone in the car next to me was texting on the drive home so I pulled up so my rear was inline with their doors and I revved up to around 6k and then slowed back down.... their reaction was awesome: dropped phone, then the middle finger. :-)
Bahhahahah, thats awesome, what part of Texas are you in....

Those texting shenanigans sound like the jackassery I see every day in Dallas. lol

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Offroad X installed...