Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a Panhard Install on Ground Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Default Is a Panhard Install on Ground Possible?

This past weekend I had a heck of a time finding a place with a lift that my car could drive up on to have my x-pipe installed. I finally found a mom and pops exhaust shop with a lift you drive up on, wheels on ground. They had some long boards which helped.

My question is, can I have a panhard bar installed with the car on a lift where the wheels are not lifted off the ground??

I have one on order and now I am wondering where in the world I can go to get this installed if the rear has to be lifted off the ground. Normally I would attempt this myself, but its just too cold outside and 1 hour labor to do this just seems worth it to me.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8 VOL
This past weekend I had a heck of a time finding a place with a lift that my car could drive up on to have my x-pipe installed. I finally found a mom and pops exhaust shop with a lift you drive up on, wheels on ground. They had some long boards which helped.

My question is, can I have a panhard bar installed with the car on a lift where the wheels are not lifted off the ground??

I have one on order and now I am wondering where in the world I can go to get this installed if the rear has to be lifted off the ground. Normally I would attempt this myself, but its just too cold outside and 1 hour labor to do this just seems worth it to me.
"Yes" you can install it like that with out any problems. I just installed one this passed weekend.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Just ordered one, will tell you next week
Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I need to order one aswell, probably will today actually from Strano... Doesn't seem hard to install.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

The wheels should be in the ground when installing the panhard bar with suspension loaded. Or axels on jackstands.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

yes, it can be installed while the car is on the ground..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

It's very easy to install, just two bolts to take out. The hard part is TQ'ing them back down which is 129fp. You will most likely need a breaker bar to get the loose. Check the "how to threads" Taco Bill has a good wright up on it.

On a side note, I'll be posting up new pic's soon of my car since I've installed Sportline springs, panhard bar, Polished Canton over flow tank, polished stainless steel upper radatior hose and my new Vossen wheels.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 01-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I appreciate the responses guys, looks like I got the answer I was definitely hoping for! On a lift with wheels on ground is the way to go! I was thinking it may cause issues because the rear end would shift way left, guess thats not really the case.

I really wish i could do this myself, but I get nervous enough doing the oil changes with the car "dangling" above me. I cant image going under there and fighting bolts with the car on jackstands....
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

I installed mine with the rear wheels boosted by about 4.5 inches on home-made step ramps. The panhard bar end on the passenger's side comes out pretty easy if you first loosen the panhard brace fasteners right above it ... no need to pry it off this way. This link might help guide you through the install.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nhard-bar.html
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

very easy and well worth it now my axel is nice and center before i got mine it was way off from factory

Quick Reply: Is a Panhard Install on Ground Possible?