Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani install

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Default Bassani install

Today I installed my Bassani x-pipe with the high flow cats..Kewl thing about this kit is, well for one...Its easy to instal. A few simple hand tools ..car ramps or jackstands, a few hours of ones precious time and a whole heckuva lot of patience...The kit came with easily installed inserts in case the buyer would like to remove the high flow cats and turn it into the off road brand..I opted to use the high flow cats for the time being. As I stated before, the install is easy and anyone with even the slightest mechanical sense could do it ..After all was said and done, about 4 smokes later, she was ready to fire up ...One word to describe it ...Suuuuweet!! Idle is not much louder but when ya step on the gas, that strange x-pipe sound comes to life..Overall i'm very satisfied with the product..At full throttle it sounds amazing although it feels slower ..time to do some researching on the tunes..Speaking of which, anyone with any good advice on proper tuning with the diablo please speak up..At the moment i'm running the c and l tune for 93..No access to a local tuner or dyno so its gonna be a task to figure out on my own. Wednesday i'll be installing the underdrive pulleys and saturday the JBA shorty headers. Next monday i'll have someone install the eibach pro-kit springs..Project "walletbuster" is coming along nicely..heh
Old 08-23-2005, 07:24 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani install

Hi SC,

I told you that it would be louder with high flow cats when you're on the pedal! The magic X-pipe sound is pure NASCAR when you're at full throttle at high RPM, I LOVE mine! When you install the JBA shortys you will likely notice even more drop off in mid-range torque unless you install your stock Ford mufflers back into the system. The other option you can do is to use your stock cats and cut the H-pipe section off so you can clamp or weld the new X-pipe into the system. This should work well with JBA headers, your new X-pipe and the MAC cans out back and not give up much HP or mid range torque. What I found was the best combination on the chassis dyno with a Steeda CAI (85mm TB and Diablo Predator Steeda CAI 93 octane tune), JBA shortys (later version), and Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe (w/high flow OBDII compliant cats), was that the stock Ford mufflers had the best mid range and gave up no repeatable top end HP. This fattened up the mid-range power band quite a bit and you can really feel the cams kicking in at about 3,800RPM and on to 5,300RPM when the power always peaks and flattens out on these 3 valve N.A. motors.

Hope this helps!