Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35k mile maintnence

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:45 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Default 35k mile maintnence

just got the letter in the mail to have this done...for all the people that have had this done before, what "REALLY" needs to be done, and how much is this going to burn me?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
just got the letter in the mail to have this done...for all the people that have had this done before, what "REALLY" needs to be done, and how much is this going to burn me?
Ehh I discard those when I get those in the mail... I would change your fuel filter if it hasn't been done, and the oil obviously.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Ehh I discard those when I get those in the mail... I would change your fuel filter if it hasn't been done, and the oil obviously.
thanks for the quick response...yeah, that needs changin, already did the air filter last oil change...thanx
Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
You can do the reasonable thing as redfire states or, if you're that gullible, replace the engine and tranny just to play it safe. If you're the least bit handy, your car should hardly ever see the inside of the dealer's service bay.

The dealerships have learned what easily intimidated and uneducated wusses the average car owner is. A good percentage of people blindly follow those types of mailings.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
You can do the reasonable thing as redfire states or, if you're that gullible, replace the engine and tranny just to play it safe. If you're the least bit handy, your car should hardly ever see the inside of the dealer's service bay.

The dealerships have learned what easily intimidated and uneducated wusses the average car owner is. A good percentage of people blindly follow those types of mailings.
Lol! Just leave it up to you Rick... The mustang enthusiast's advocate against stealerships.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Its a little hard to do myself in a foot of snow and freezing weather lol...but i do have some friends who work in a quality shop that i can wrk with
Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
Its a little hard to do myself in a foot of snow and freezing weather...
Which is one of the reasons that I always find a house with a 2 car garage to rent when I go from assignment to assignment. I can screw up my car for a lot less $$ than some shop monkey can.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Which is one of the reasons that I always find a house with a 2 car garage to rent when I go from assignment to assignment. I can screw up my car for a lot less $$ than some shop monkey can.
i wish i could do that...i live in an apartment complex, and so do all of my friends...i could just solve all my problems and just move to florida lol
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Rule # 1

1: Never trust someones opinion if they are trying to sell you something. Hence those lying, 2 face, Motha Fcukin dealerships. I hate them !!!

2: Oil change, and oil filter is all you need

3: Get a second opinion, and god bess this website A+++++++. Lots of good and honest folks that will help people. I learn everyday

4: A dealer will do a job that takes them 1 hour to do, and they will charge you 5 hours because, the labour book says it should take 5 hours.

5: If you have spare money and want to use it on something, buy mods, gas, pimp your car, whatever. But dont pay the dealer for something you dont need. Trust me, if your car needs attention, you will find out one way or another. Save your cheese
Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
Rule # 1

1: Never trust someones opinion if they are trying to sell you something. Hence those lying, 2 face, Motha Fcukin dealerships. I hate them !!!

2: Oil change, and oil filter is all you need

3: Get a second opinion, and god bess this website A+++++++. Lots of good and honest folks that will help people. I learn everyday

4: A dealer will do a job that takes them 1 hour to do, and they will charge you 5 hours because, the labour book says it should take 5 hours.

5: If you have spare money and want to use it on something, buy mods, gas, pimp your car, whatever. But dont pay the dealer for something you dont need. Trust me, if your car needs attention, you will find out one way or another. Save your cheese

Thank you everyone...i love this site i think i do need to change my fuel filter though

Quick Reply: 35k mile maintnence