Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullsh!t dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:28 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenthicken
Does the "clunk" happen when you go over a bump? If so, I can tell you exactly what the problem is (at least it was in mine). There is a cross brace / tracking bar over the top of the rear axle (not sure what it's called, but you'll see it). Check the clearance of the driver's side pipe over this. Try to rattle the exhaust to see how much play exists... if the pipe gets close to the brace, that is probably where the clunk is coming from. Exhaust shop can fix it for a few bucks.
You know I asked my father when we were lining up the pipes if it was going to be a problem.... It just recently started I would say about 4 days ago and the headers have been in for about 2 weeks. I will check clearance and tighten everything tomorrow and let you guys know how everything goes
Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 AM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I dont have any exhaust rattles, the only rattle I have is in the passenger door handle on the inside.
There's a little plastic cover behind the door open handle that rattled on my car. I just put a piece of tape over it and it stopped
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
You know I asked my father when we were lining up the pipes if it was going to be a problem.... It just recently started I would say about 4 days ago and the headers have been in for about 2 weeks. I will check clearance and tighten everything tomorrow and let you guys know how everything goes
If your Borlas are anything like my Roush exhaust, then the hangers are pretty long, and allow a lot of flex... in fact, one of mine broke after a period of time. What my exhaust shop did for the "clunk" was to rework the hanger so the pipe sits away from that cross brace. Also, make sure that the pipe hangers near the transmission crossmember are in place (mine weren't on a Roush factory car, go figure). If those crossmember hangers are not in place, they allow the pipes to flex too much. Have your exhaust shop put them in if they are not there.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

O0O0 O I AM GOING TO FLIPPPP FCKINGGGGG SH1TTTTTT TOMORROWWW!!!!!!! I PICKED UP MY CAR FROM THE DEALER AFTER THEY TOLD ME I HAD AND "EXHAUST LEAK", AND FIND THE FUKKEN MIDPIPE CONNECTING TO THE XPIPE HANGING OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS RUNNING FVKING OPEN HEADERS AND THE STUPID B1TCH WAS TELLING ME "O WE CAN SMELL THE EXHAUST LEAK IN THE CABIN". YOU STUPID C U N T MAYBE THATS WHY, AND MY CAR DIDNT COME IN LIKE THAT EITHER I DONT GIVE A **** AFTER MARKET OR NOT.

BESIDES THAT I GET HOME AND MY AMBIENT LIGHTING PROBLEM RE-OCCURED (COLORS ARE ALL MESSED UP)!!!! THEY OBVIOUSLY JUST RESET THE BATTERY AND SAID HERE YOU GO ALL FIXED. THEY ALSO TOLD ME THEY COULDNT FIND THE RATTLING IN THE DOOR EITHER. THEY BASICALLY JUST TOOK MY $120 FOR A WHEEL ALIGNMENT, RESET THE BATTERY & SAID HERE YOU GO D1CK.

ONLY GOOD PART ABOUT IT WAS I WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO A EXHAUST SHOP, AND THEY PUT THE HANGING PIPE BACK ON, RE-ALIGNED MY TIPS, AND FIXED THE EXHAUST RATTLE ALL FOR $23.

I AM GOING TO FLIPPPP ON THE DEALER TOMORROW. IDGAF IF ITS AN AFTER MARKET EXHAUST, I WOULD NEVER LET A CUSTOMER LEAVE MY DEALER SHIP WITH A HANGING EXHAUST. AND PLEASE NO JOKES ABOUT THE DAMN CAPS IM TYPING IN, I AM IN NO MOOD FOR SARCASM
Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Its no wonder these f - - king lying, gutless, two face thief's almost went bankrupt. You would think, I want to help our local economy and buy American car. In return, dealers RAPPPPPEEEEEEEEE us at the same time. They are lining their pockets by jacking people like us. At least if the dealer is going to rob us, let them do the job the right way the first time in terms of service.

I cant believe they charged you $120 for nothing. Actually I can, i forgot, IT IS A DEALER !!!!!

PS; And since when is a girl allowed to tell me whats wrong with my stang ?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Oh, he got something for $120...He got bent over!

Grabber, after you give them a few great choice words, I say you also call Ford Customer Relations. There is no excuse for such negligence, especially after you yourself tightened the exhaust flanges and they had the gaul (no offense to any Gaelic folks) to screw up your exhaust in an attempt to charge you more money to fix it when it was not broken.

Also, it sounds like they are trying to set you up to try to dare say that your warranty is void. If this is the case and you have proof, save all your evidence and be prepared to take the dealership to court. And immediately tell Ford Customer Relations too.
If anything,, that dealership needs to be excommunicated from Ford, and the ring leader of that racket needs to be taken to the cleaners and possibly thrown in jail.

I am making guesses here, you know best what is happening, so keep everything, get as much proof as possible, and even record your phone calls with the dealership.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

You can't blame Ford for a bad dealership. My dealer is wonderful, thankfully I've only had to go there twice. Once for an alignment and a window that wasn't rolling up properly, and the other time for a bad starter. Both of which were relatively painless experiences. Except during the alignment they put one of my rear tires on the front, but they quickly corrected the issue. The bad starter was great, because I didn't bring the car in, I just brought in the starter and they swapped it out under warranty and gave me one from the parts department.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

That is true that there are good dealerships with good techs and folks that will make it right for you if they screw up or there is something wrong with the car.
And it is the good dealerships that should be praised and recognized.

But the bad ones need to be culled and the guys running those bad dealerships need to be cut out of the Ford name like a cancer. That is what I mean by excommunication; all a bad dealership does is give Ford a bad name and put a bad taste in peoples' mouths when they F*** over customers or are just plain incompetent and wind up ruining the car even more than fixing it.

If this specific dealership is such a bad one, we the customers have to save all our evidence against them and bring it all to the attention of Corporate Ford so FoMoCo can either levy sanctions/fines against the offending dealership or revoke their franchise rights altogether and sue the bad guys for breach of contract (which I am sure FoMoCo has a minimum standard of customer care written into the franchise contract).
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That is true that there are good dealerships with good techs and folks that will make it right for you if they screw up or there is something wrong with the car.
And it is the good dealerships that should be praised and recognized.

But the bad ones need to be culled and the guys running those bad dealerships need to be cut out of the Ford name like a cancer. That is what I mean by excommunication; all a bad dealership does is give Ford a bad name and put a bad taste in peoples' mouths when they F*** over customers or are just plain incompetent and wind up ruining the car even more than fixing it.

If this specific dealership is such a bad one, we the customers have to save all our evidence against them and bring it all to the attention of Corporate Ford so FoMoCo can either levy sanctions/fines against the offending dealership or revoke their franchise rights altogether and sue the bad guys for breach of contract (which I am sure FoMoCo has a minimum standard of customer care written into the franchise contract).
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Guys you have no idea how pissed off I am right now, and its about 5 hours later. I am going to flip on them tomorrow. This was the 3rd time it was at the dealer for the lighting and every single time they just reset the battery. The stupid dike butch that was in charge of my car is a dumbass and shes going to get an earfull too. an exhaust leak? My fcking connector pipe was hanging off inches from the floow you dumbass. I BETTER get something in return, and I am going to tell the manager he lost all businees from me, as well as my fathers f150, and I will find another dealer when my mother gets her new explorer.

Quick Reply: bullsh!t dealer story