Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
Very nice. Where did you order them from?
Ordering the rim and tire's both from element wheels . com

Originally Posted by ShaneM
you can't do that! once i get something anyone who knows me, seen pics of the car, or talks to me is banned from getting the same stuff i have. You have to return them for a refund and start your search again and ask my permission before you order this time. lol JK

that is the exact setup i have, love it.
If I had the money I would buy an m90 with the vmp500 kit also lol.. How do you like the ride with the wheels? also how is traction?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Ordering the rim and tire's both from element wheels . com

If I had the money I would buy an m90 with the vmp500 kit also lol.. How do you like the ride with the wheels? also how is traction?
it rides fine, no better or worse than the factory wheels but much more traction. i run those tires year round and have no issues, but i am not an asshat either. unless it snows a lot where you are you will be fine with nittos year round. I ordered mine from element too. be sure they use the 10 style sensors on your wheels not the 09 down style, i have had the ford dealer and wheel places argue with me that the sensors are band type on the 10-11 cars.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
LayinLo

New guy here, sorry to cut in but I was reading about your wheels.
Did you try TireRack? Thats where I got mine. Love em.
Thanks.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Congrats when they do arrive. I found that 275's all the way around did cause some tramlining but it was not brutal
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Shane -- Well with the 4.10s traction is my biggest issue right now. I have the 19s on the car now so maybe it will be a bit of a better ride with 18s, but doesnt really matter to me. I was thinking about running them year round, but I am just going to get my stockers powdercoated black over the summer with some nice all seasons for winter driving. This year we got alot of snow, the salt is terrible, and I spend more time dodging pot holes than anything. So for winter I dont think itd be smart to leave them on for me.

LayinLo -- Well welcome to the forum man. I tried tire rack and found a few rims I liked, but they dont really offer many staggered setups & the dont have a large selection of performance tires. I am not sure why but for some reason I was stuck on getting Nittos and only Nittos.

snakebite - I am going to order them as soon as Late models restoration sends my refund. So I am hoping it will go through tomorrow. They already cancelled the order, but sometimes banks hold the money for a day or 2 depending on the bank. Hoping to have them sometime next week though.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

So why 18x9 and 18x9.5? Does that run well? I'm just asking because you could just do 18x9.5 all the way around like the 07-09 GT500.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AlloySixxer
So why 18x9 and 18x9.5? Does that run well? I'm just asking because you could just do 18x9.5 all the way around like the 07-09 GT500.
i wanted 10" rear, but the offsets weren't right so i went 9.5 and staggered as much as I could. there is a noticeable difference in the shape of the 9 and 9.5 so it works well. also there is a issue with the 10-11 cars, the fenders lipos roll so if you push too far to the edge they look like they overhang. that is the issue with the RTRs on these cars for some people. those go all the way to the edge and from some angles they stick out a bit.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

I'm also considering ordering these. I see that the 18x9.5 have an offset of 40 which is ideal for the rear. Did you go with the 18x9 up front because the offset is 32 and is a better look than 40 up front? What would be best for my model year?

What would be the ideal size/width to get if I want to put 255/45s up front and 285/40s out back?

Is element wheels . com a reputable vendor?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AlloySixxer
I'm also considering ordering these. I see that the 18x9.5 have an offset of 40 which is ideal for the rear. Did you go with the 18x9 up front because the offset is 32 and is a better look than 40 up front? What would be best for my model year?

What would be the ideal size/width to get if I want to put 255/45s up front and 285/40s out back?

Is element wheels . com a reputable vendor?
i wanted an offset of 30 in the front on a 9-inch, 32 was as close as those wheels come. they are very close to flush in the front. i would say yes on the size tires, that is what i am using. the 285 looks better on this wheel at 9.5 than it did on my old wheels at 10" rear, the 285 was much more flattened out on the 10-inch rear i like the square look of the tire better than the rounded look it has on the old wheel. I had no problems at all with elite, order was here fast, good service no complaints at all.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the help. They sell a package of (2) 18x9s and (2) 18x9.5s, so I guess I'll order that.

You have the 18s right?

Last edited by AlloySixxer; 02-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Ordered my wheels!