Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Default New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?

I notified my dealership before the 7 days was up about a rip behind my battery in the engine bay liner on the firewall. They are not going to replace it. Is it worth getting it fixed? Does anyone have any rips/tears on the engine bay lining on the firewall?

They are also not going to replace my lower trim piece that has a ding on it because 'you can't see it'. This piece is $115, damn cheapskates.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get these defects fixed? These were things that happened either at factory or at the dealership. How can I proceed farther?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

If you just got a brand new car and there is a defect, they should be obligated to fix it! That is ridiculous! I would persist if I were you. Regardless if you can see it or not, it is still there! If they continue to not agree to fix the problem, I would contact the Ford Motor Company directly. I called them once for something and although my problem was not fixed, they were helpful and I understood why.

Make sure you take pictures of the problems and document them right away.

Best of luck!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

sounds like a dealership issue as in they only care about stuff they can make money on. Go to another dealer and talk to the service peeps. They may want to do something to get your long term business.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
sounds like a dealership issue as in they only care about stuff they can make money on. Go to another dealer and talk to the service peeps. They may want to do something to get your long term business.
But they might and probably will pull the "you didn't buy that car from here so we can't help you" card.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

I may stop by another dealership, but they tell me this is a new car issue and I can only get it fixed at the dealership I bought the car from.

The tear on my engine bay liner is about 2inches long, and the ding/nick under my lower trim piece is very small (about 1/2 size of a penny) and can't be seen. But these were not caused by me, and this is a new car. Thinking of these are like a kick in the gut.

Being OCD with a new car is not fun. I had my last Mustang for 2 yrs with ZERO door dings. I do not park within 40 feet of the nearest car haha.

Last edited by SLVSTNG09; 02-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I agree. A new car should not have those problems. Like I said though, if all else fails call FMC directly.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
I agree. A new car should not have those problems. Like I said though, if all else fails call FMC directly.
Will do, I just emailed my salesman again with this quote from the warranty guide:

'CHECK YOUR VEHICLE
We try to check vehicles carefully at the assembly plant and the
dealership, and we usually correct any damage to paint, sheet metal,
upholstery, or other appearance items. But occasionally something may
slip past us, and a customer may find that a vehicle was damaged before
he or she took delivery. If you see any damage when you receive your
vehicle, notify your dealership within one week.'

Its almost like my salesman doesn't want to fix them for me, does his cut on the car go down if it has 'new car issues'?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

I love Ford, but I'm really starting to have zero faith in the people that sell them.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM
gtbillyb
1st Gear Member

Where you bought the car is of no importance...however if these issues were done at the dealer you bought it from..it becomes an "internal" problem..keep bugging the salesman..he should act on it..
Old 02-09-2011, 01:20 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Ford's great. But like you said, I guess it just depends where you go and what people you meet. That quote really should give him no other option but to have it fixed. He probably just does not want to deal with the extra paper work. Lol

Quick Reply: New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?