Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much to get this fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
onegoal
Banned

Default How much to get this fixed?

Here is a pic. As I said before I brushed up against the side of my garage.

Anyone have any idea how much something like this would cost to get fixed?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Why not just swing by a local body shop and get a FREE, no obligation, honest to goodness, quote? Did I mention free? Probably less than a new Mustang . Maybe you can get your parents to pay for a GT500 conversion since their garage damaged your car.

D

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 02-11-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:39 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

a complete wild guess would be somewhere around $200
Old 02-11-2011, 03:56 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by FSTBLK
a complete wild guess would be somewhere around $200
On a trade in would the stealership deduct more off?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
On a trade in would the stealership deduct more off?
Not at all... Matter of fact they would probably give above book since it adds character... Nothing says you pampered and took care of your ride like some fender rash from the garage...

D
Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Dewyrussler
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Here is a pic. As I said before I brushed up against the side of my garage. Anyone have any idea how much something like this would cost to get fixed?
I think it will be somewhere north of the $200 mentioned since they will have to fix the bumper cover. That is a lot trickier than repairing a metal fender since they will have to add flex agents in the paint. They may be able to blend the paint...but they will have to clear the whole bumper cover and fender to make it right. I suppose it will vary by where you live...but here in Northern VA, my guess would be $600 for a decent repair.

If you're already going to trade it in, I would say it wouldn't be worth fixing as it would cost more to fix than what you'll get docked on your trade-in. Unless...hmmm....if you're trading it in, I suppose it could be beneficial to go to one of those places with "Uh-Oh...better call" in the slogan. That would only set you back a hundred or so and maybe the appraisers wouldn't notice the repair when you're trading it in...and by the time it started to crack and peel off, it would be their problem.

But if you're going to keep the car...definitely get it fixed at a good shop. If you don't fix it, you'll get mad every time you look at it.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by Dewyrussler
I think it will be somewhere north of the $200 mentioned since they will have to fix the bumper cover. That is a lot trickier than repairing a metal fender since they will have to add flex agents in the paint. They may be able to blend the paint...but they will have to clear the whole bumper cover and fender to make it right. I suppose it will vary by where you live...but here in Northern VA, my guess would be $600 for a decent repair.

If you're already going to trade it in, I would say it wouldn't be worth fixing as it would cost more to fix than what you'll get docked on your trade-in. Unless...hmmm....if you're trading it in, I suppose it could be beneficial to go to one of those places with "Uh-Oh...better call" in the slogan. That would only set you back a hundred or so and maybe the appraisers wouldn't notice the repair when you're trading it in...and by the time it started to crack and peel off, it would be their problem.

But if you're going to keep the car...definitely get it fixed at a good shop. If you don't fix it, you'll get mad every time you look at it.
I think I'm going to hold off. Maybe later in the year when more 5.0s used hit the market then I'll be out looking. Unless there are great deals on left over 2011s. I'd prefer to get a Shelby but that wont happen.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

If you took some rubbing compound to get the white off and some of the brush on touch up. you could make it look ok until you did trade it in.....
Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

$100 fix =]
http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...a-2005-gt.html
Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

If you took it to the shop, probably a couple hundred at least. They charge $100+ just for a dentless repair..

Quick Reply: How much to get this fixed?