Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes LTs, H-pipe, Mac Axle Backs, Detroit Rocker, No Cats = Loud

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Yeah your cams sound great. Its my favorite mod. Now **** off the wife and install some polyurethane motor mounts lol. Gonna install mine this weekend. My car rocks at idle some now with the stock mounts. Can't wait to make it rock like a cradle with the urethane billets.
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't install new mounts when I put the LTs in. I had thought about doing that since it would have been the perfect time.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

it sounds better without the M80's
the M80's take away from the cam sound. IMO.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
it sounds better without the M80's
the M80's take away from the cam sound. IMO.
What you hearing is the limitaions of the recording device. I had the same setup. Live you still hear the cams but the high end tingy edge is gone and the bottom end lower frequencies which the mic does not pic up are increased. I have two sets of resonators now and believe me you hear the cams inside and out.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
What you hearing is the limitaions of the recording device. I had the same setup. Live you still hear the cams but the high end tingy edge is gone and the bottom end lower frequencies which the mic does not pic up are increased. I have two sets of resonators now and believe me you hear the cams inside and out.
That's a good way of putting it.

I felt the same way watching the videos through my laptop speakers.

I then hooked the laptop up to my living room stereo with a power sub and the deepness of the m80s was far more apparent.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

they do sound good with the M80's too.
i'm just a little deaf. lol.
most important is that you like it better, since you gotta drive it every day.
i know too loud is not a good thing either. i've alway liked the Mac muffler sound, got them on my new edge.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Updating this thread once again.

I drove around with the m80s and Mac's until about a week ago. Last Saturday I was feeling curious so I put my SLP loud mouths on in place of the Macs. Suprisingly the car wasn't extremely loud at idle and was bearable at startup.

On throttle, it was about as loud as the Mac's without m80's, but had a completely different sound. To me it sounded like a diesel truck. I'd get tons of looks from everyone whenever I got on it. The sound got annoying and old so I took them off after 3 days. Still wanting to try something new, I decided to put my stock mufflers on. They had been on the shelf since late 2007.

So this setup is pretty quiet compared to everything else, almost stock quiet but it sounds good. I actually like it a lot. I'm starting to prefer people NOT know how much throttle I'm giving. With my louder exhaust, someone else always decided to get on it when I did which also got annoying.

I do wonder if I'm doing anything to my performance by having m80's inline with stock mufflers, but even if it is its probably negligible.

The other setup I'm curious about is taking the m80's back out, but to do that I'd have to buy 4 butt clamps and that would also mean I'd have a pretty loose exhaust.

Anyway, here's a video staged just like the others. Oh yeah, idle RPMs are now 650 for both drive an neutral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTwnp6uXF5Y

Last edited by Bmr4life; 04-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Sounds mint at idle with the M80s. A bit loud when revving, but that's personal preference, and the sound is still on point. Keep it if you can deal with the noise level. Great tone.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
Sounds mint at idle with the M80s. A bit loud when revving, but that's personal preference, and the sound is still on point. Keep it if you can deal with the noise level. Great tone.
I assume you are not talking about the most recent video?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

i had macs, gta and now jba. jba are a clean sounding muffler with off road pipe and cams. sound so good my brother put some on his stang.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
I assume you are not talking about the most recent video?
No no no. I'm saying with the M80s on. Yeah, the last sound drowns the cams out hard. I really like the sound with the M80s though.

Quick Reply: Pypes LTs, H-pipe, Mac Axle Backs, Detroit Rocker, No Cats = Loud