Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant:

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Default Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant:

Well I ordered a few parts from them, seeing as how they were the cheapest and I was planning on making this the trial purchase before I purchased the shaker system for my car. Put it this way, I am glad I only bought small parts.

Long story short, I ordered some wheel sensors from them early saturday morning, and they said they will be shipped out within 24 hours (I took it as next business day, IE monday most likely). Well needless to say, I sent them a message on tuesday asking if they had a tracking number, and the guy said they didn't have one, altough they shipped it via UPS (which I worked for UPS, and I know they provide a tracking number with each item shipped, included in the cost).

So I just decided to sit on it for a day, and thought about just waiting it out. Well I called on wednesday and the lady said the package was scheduled to ship on tuesday (mind you this was wednesday) and that it should arrive by thursday.

Well now it's friday, and I have no wheel sensors, so I have to pay an extra $20 for regular stems, then I have to pay an extra $60 to have them unmount the tires and remount them when the sensors do come in in order to have the wheels on during a small meet this week.

Has anyone else had a big problem with this company? I think I might just go ahead and go tot he ford dealer and buy the sensors, then just send these back, since it would still probably be cheaper to do so.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

A search for "blue oval industries" in this forum comes up with some less-than-happy customers, but some that say it was fine...
Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I'd be ticked. Always a price to be paid for "cheap" thats for sure. I will pay extra for good service any day. It's just worth it. I've had nothing but stellar service and fast shipping repeatedly from the following vendors and believe you me I have spent some money:

*Brenspeed
*American Muscle
*Moss Muscle
*Summit Racing
Old 02-18-2011, 02:13 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I agree, this is the first time I have ordered a product online that hasn't been through AM. The only reason I ordered them through BOI is because AM does not have the v6 shaker system, so I knew I had to order it from a different vendor. I think I may just do without the shaker system and just file a claim with paypal tomorrow, since the item hasn't even been marked as shipped on ebay.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I have spent literally thousands of dollars with blue oval and had not one single issue and will spend money with them again. Got my blower there and a bunch of other stuff. Different people have different expectations I guess. All my stuff shipped within 3 days and got here without issues. I had more trouble with brenspeed than blue oval/Yates
Old 02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I've ordered a couple things from them with no issues.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I ordered my painted rocker panels from them despite bad reviews. Had them at my house in less than 24 hours and looked great. I'd definitely deal with them again, but I guess it's hit or miss
Old 02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

I've bought some things with no issues... tracking number sent in confirmation email and everything
Old 02-18-2011, 07:06 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

That sucks. They basically lied to you about the shipping problem, saying that they had already sent it when in fact they did not.

You should call them up and file a complaint with the manager or owner. There is no excuses for lying. The guy should have told you the truth, and on top of that, made haste to send you the stems.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I will be giving them a call again tomorrow. I called 12 times today, did not get to speak to anyone. 9 times the line was busy (I called every 6-7 minutes) one time the line was picked up and disconnected from the sound of it and the other 2 it just repeatedly rang. I will update you guys on the outcome.

I do not want anything free, all I wanted was my product by the time I needed them instaled for my meet.

In regards to Shane, do you think I am just being irrational and impatient? I really would like to hear from an outside view, especially if it is someone who has had a good experience with them.

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries :icon_rant: