Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loaded my emissions tune, got 4 codes. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Default Loaded my emissions tune, got 4 codes. :(

These are the codes and everything the Actron reader said.

P0141
P2270
P0141 PD
P2270 PD

MIL ON
Monitors
2 Inc
Catalyst
EVAP
5 Ready
Misfire
Fuel
Comp
02 Sensor
02 Heater
Old 02-19-2011, 07:50 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I say contacting the place you got your tune from would be a good idea and let them know.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Its Brenspeed. Would the tune effect these particular codes?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

It's possible. Letting them know is an advantage for both you and Brenspeed. If these are caused by the tune, they can rewrite the tune to adjust so these codes are not thrown. Also, they might be able to avoid throwing these future codes on other tunes using whatever techniques or tricks they learn, so the benefit could actually even extend to other future buyers of Brenspeed tunes.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Not specifically related, but I called AM a few months back when it was time for my inspection. I called them up because I was getting tired of having to reinstall my stock filter and stock tune to pass the test and I wanted to find out if they had a emissions friendly tune I could use but they said they have never made one that would most likely pass a test.

That trick that people use sometimes while keeping the aftermarket cai in, (driving between 40 and 55 mph for a while to reset some of the monitors and such) never seemed to work for me the few times I've tried it. So I haven;t put my C&L back in yet.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

Both of those are Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 sensor codes. The PD means those same codes are Pending in the computer. Pending codes are those that have gone out of parameter for too few drive cycles to illuminate the MIL (most codes need, I believe 2-3 consecutive cycles to illuminate the MIL) but are being watched for further out of parameter cycles. Or, they can also be for codes that have not cleared for enough consecutive cycles to clear the MIL (same multiple clear cycles). If that is for the down stream sensor, it may take a few cycles for it to clear the codes. Give it a couple days, so long as it isn't running poorly. And even if the MIL goes out, check the codes, and see if they're still Pending. If so, give it a couple more drives, and check again. If they go away completely, you're ready to go.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Thank you. That was a very detailed answer. I believe these codes are from the rear O2. I'll drive it around for a few more days.

Also, by cycle, do you mean reseting/clearing the DTC's, or do you mean starting/driving the car?

Last edited by Bmr4life; 02-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

the cycles I'm referring to are certain engine/transmission conditions that the car uses as the basis for what the normal operation should be in those conditions. If you reset the codes, it has to start all the cycles for all the sensors over. So, if it's running okay right now, just give it a little time. If it's behaving any kind of strange, I'd get a hold of the tuner.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Thanks again. Its running just fine otherwise. I've reflashed and/or erased it 3 times now so I definitely haven't given it much time.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Update, still have both codes, but I did some more reading.

I should have mentioned that I had to extend the wires on the O2's in order for them to reach. I used crimp connectors instead of soldering. Perhaps one of the connections isn't perfect so I will put the O2 out and solder it. I know the wires are not crossed because I did them one at a time.

Also, I have anti foulers on both rear O2's. Could cause any issues?

Quick Reply: Loaded my emissions tune, got 4 codes. :(