Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy 50 dollar fill up

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:42 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

depending on which station you go to, regular can range from $3.29-$3.35(from what i've seen around my area)...and the prices here usually go down in the summer time, so regular would be closer to $3.00(possibly into the high $2.00 range) i love my car and wouldn't trade for a prius etc. i bought it knowing the mileage and gas prices so i gotta stick with it...just filled her up yesterday and it cost $40.01...it's not the end of the world...the days of gas being $1.75 again are OVER unless some freak of a miracle happened, but until then nut up or shut up(as woody harrelson would say haha)
Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Its been getting about 20-21 average... I have been in town a lot though.
When I filled up yesterday I checked my mileage....it was 22.8, that was with pen and paper. The dash said 23....and that's all city driving. I have been taking it easy on starts and it is not fun when you have ricers pissing by you. My foot wants to press the pedal all so hard, but my wallet says NO!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by notwise
We have refineries in Canada that refine heavy oils into gasoline for sale in Canada. The prices remain high because we have to pay world prices for oil, not because of the US selling gas back to us. World prices for oil are high due to tensions in the middle east which could interupt oil supplies. It's all speculation man!!
I agree with you 100%. Men, can you believe that there is a such thing as tax on tax on gas in Canada which sucks. They should at least nationalize oil to keep the prices standard and sell it to citizens at a cost price or marginal profit instead of raping us. When I served in the middle east, such commodities were nationalized and prices remained firm and it was good for the consumer. For example my hummer with double tanks was 35 bucks to fill up, which was the ****. I hate the monopolization of resources cause they think we have an endless supply of dough
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
When I filled up yesterday I checked my mileage....it was 22.8, that was with pen and paper. The dash said 23....and that's all city driving. I have been taking it easy on starts and it is not fun when you have ricers pissing by you. My foot wants to press the pedal all so hard, but my wallet says NO!
I know, right! Plus when your in town its fun to roll down the windows and listen to your exhaust. hopefully these prices will drop soon.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

My last fill up was 14.3 gallons at 3.58 = 51 bucks! I only make about 35 bucks a week!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
My last fill up was 14.3 gallons at 3.58 = 51 bucks! I only make about 35 bucks a week!
14 gallons? that's weird, mine tops out at 12.xxx
Old 03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

As Rocket Ray stated, it's all about wall street speculation. If the government wants to step in and work their magic they could. But they are too busy dealing with the healthcare bill instead of banning speculation on oil.

Double Dip recession here we come! I find it hard to believe that they (our government) still do not realize that if people pay 10 bucks more at the pump, they forgo many purchases easily exceeding those 10 bucks. They feel like they are hurting, and batten all the hatches. It happened in the past, and it is happening again. I limit driving to work only. I do not go to Best Buy to buy the video-games and Blu-Rays I want, and the grocery store sees me walk out with less convenience foods than before. I am lucky that my commute is only 20 miles round trip, and the wife only has to do around 10 round trip. I fill up every 2 weeks or so, the wife sometimes can go a month.

Still, our gas bill is a healthy 150 dollars or so. If that jumps to 200 it means a "whopping" 50 bucks not in Thumb Tumb or Best-Buys pocket a month. Say everyone was the same as me. Say we have roughly 140 million people working. That would mean 140.000.000 times 50 = 7.050.000.000 dollars per month that are NOT going to various retail stores around the states. 7 BILLION dollars...

But I also want to put things in perspective. I am from the Netherlands. I love our gas prices here in the US. They, my old fellow countrymen and women, are paying 8.18 US per gallon today. For the cheap stuff...
Old 03-05-2011, 12:30 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
As Rocket Ray stated, it's all about wall street speculation. If the government wants to step in and work their magic they could. But they are too busy dealing with the healthcare bill instead of banning speculation on oil.

Double Dip recession here we come! I find it hard to believe that they (our government) still do not realize that if people pay 10 bucks more at the pump, they forgo many purchases easily exceeding those 10 bucks. They feel like they are hurting, and batten all the hatches. It happened in the past, and it is happening again. I limit driving to work only. I do not go to Best Buy to buy the video-games and Blu-Rays I want, and the grocery store sees me walk out with less convenience foods than before. I am lucky that my commute is only 20 miles round trip, and the wife only has to do around 10 round trip. I fill up every 2 weeks or so, the wife sometimes can go a month.

Still, our gas bill is a healthy 150 dollars or so. If that jumps to 200 it means a "whopping" 50 bucks not in Thumb Tumb or Best-Buys pocket a month. Say everyone was the same as me. Say we have roughly 140 million people working. That would mean 140.000.000 times 50 = 7.050.000.000 dollars per month that are NOT going to various retail stores around the states. 7 BILLION dollars...

But I also want to put things in perspective. I am from the Netherlands. I love our gas prices here in the US. They, my old fellow countrymen and women, are paying 8.18 US per gallon today. For the cheap stuff...
It's easy to speculate economic impact when you aren't actually making the calls. You have to remember that government intervention isn't the way of life in the US. Yes the government gets involved but not to the extent that many European nations do. That's why gas prices aren't being played with despite increasing costs right now.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
It's easy to speculate economic impact when you aren't actually making the calls. You have to remember that government intervention isn't the way of life in the US. Yes the government gets involved but not to the extent that many European nations do. That's why gas prices aren't being played with despite increasing costs right now.
Living under a rock since (n)Obama came "to power" have we? I think the Healthcare debacle is as far involved as you can get. Besides, the numbers I posted are very conservative. Many people burn way more gas than I do, as such that 7 billion figure is greatly understated. Simple economics I can figure out, yet Washington just does not get it.

But... it is indeed all speculation. Lets see where the spiral goes. But I am willing to wager the double dipper is in our near future if gas goes ballistic.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
Living under a rock since (n)Obama came "to power" have we? I think the Healthcare debacle is as far involved as you can get. Besides, the numbers I posted are very conservative. Many people burn way more gas than I do, as such that 7 billion figure is greatly understated. Simple economics I can figure out, yet Washington just does not get it.

But... it is indeed all speculation. Lets see where the spiral goes. But I am willing to wager the double dipper is in our near future if gas goes ballistic.
I was going to get into this, but there's no point for political debate here. In the end there's no "right" answer after all.

All I know is that I just hope that Libya gets it's freedom soon so that there's no more reason to speculate. I also hope that the American congress can get it's *** in gear and make unified decisions to head in some direction.

Here's to hoping though. lol

Quick Reply: Holy 50 dollar fill up