Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with maryland speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

Default problem with maryland speed

i pur kooks headers and catted mid pipe last year with good service from maryland speed. well on 3-5-11 i pur uncatted legs for my mid pipe and my credit card was charged that day. the order still has not been shipped and when i call them they tell me the owner will call me, 3 times and no call. the call taker told me kooks has to make them, i call kooks and they tell me they have plenty and could ship to my house the next day. the only thing i know is maryland speed has my money and i have nothing!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

also i told call taker i wanted to cancel the order, he told me i would have to pay 15% restocking fee. what are they restocking, i have nothing!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Maybe you should "pur" a claim against them with the BBB. I would say they might have "pur" a charge on your card and not sent you the products to rip you off just so they can "pur" mo money into their pockets! LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Happened to me when I ordered my borla stingers from them. They gave me the bulsh!t excuse that they were backed up from a plethora of orders and had not received any sets from borla. Keep in mind this was a week and a half after they charged my order. I threatened to cancel my order and order from american muscle, and they had the mufflers on my doorstep the next day.... First and last time I ever ordered from them
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

owner called me shortly after posting, he explained the hold up. should be all good.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Stay on him like white on rice. It could be that he is only replying to you to placate you instead of honestly trying to fix the situation.

In the future, I suggest that you do not order from them unless they actually have the products in stock.
Alot of the times, especially when the excuse "not in stock" comes up, the seller never keeps any parts in stock. They do something that is called drop shipping in which they order directly from the factory and 9 times out of 10., the factory will never mess with making only one part. They put you on the back burner until enough orders come in such that it is worth their while to fire up the factory machinery to make the parts.

I would never order from someone who drop-ships unless the seller IS the factory themselves and they actually have the parts ready to mail out as you order them
Old 03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

This is a simple misunderstanding. Customer called and wanted a special order part (basically front off road pipe for an X-pipe). I told him when he placed the order that I would have to special order those parts, and gave him a nice discount to make up for it. I was pretty clear there would be a wait because I had to get the part in.

We took the order, and added it to an incoming stock freight shipment we have coming from Kooks. We do this because Kooks charges us a lot more to dropship one part direct to a customer than they do if we ordered it as part of a stocking order. This is where the discount we gave the customer came from. Customer then called Kooks, and ask if the part was in stock. They told him yes assuming he was a retail customer looking to buy. Because they said the part was in stock, he assumed we were jacking him around or whatever not understanding the the situation. I have been out of the office a bit the last few days because of a show car we were doing, so when he called here, he got a new sales rep who did not fully understand the situation..which kind of threw gas on the fire. I spoke to the customer this afternoon, and my understanding is this situation is resolved with the proper explaination. For us, it is a big catch 22..we try and give people great discounts..but if it is something special order, you have to be patient. In this case, the customer and his brother has placed much larger orders with us in the past and was happy with the purchase. My feeling is we should be given a little leway here given he was given a discount on a special order part.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 03-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

Again...you really should know the situational before you make comments like this. First off, the part was special order, and the customer was told that up front. They were the front off road connection pipes for a Mustang X-pipe. No dealer stocks those. Secondly, call Kooks..they will tell you we are their biggest stocking dealer out there. We have them referring customers to us all the time because we will have stuff in stock that kooks does not.

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Stay on him like white on rice. It could be that he is only replying to you to placate you instead of honestly trying to fix the situation.

In the future, I suggest that you do not order from them unless they actually have the products in stock.
Alot of the times, especially when the excuse "not in stock" comes up, the seller never keeps any parts in stock. They do something that is called drop shipping in which they order directly from the factory and 9 times out of 10., the factory will never mess with making only one part. They put you on the back burner until enough orders come in such that it is worth their while to fire up the factory machinery to make the parts.

I would never order from someone who drop-ships unless the seller IS the factory themselves and they actually have the parts ready to mail out as you order them
Old 03-10-2011, 03:09 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

waiting to see where this goes lol

Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

I remember your order. We had the part on sale..and it was the best price out there. You ordered from us because of that. You placed the order on I want to say a Friday, and then called middle of the next week looking for the part. I explained with the price we were offering, it had to come direct from Borla, and they were one backorder at Borla untill the following Monday. I told you we could get the part from a middleman/wholesaler if you wanted..but they charge us more, and you would have to pay more. It was like $30..and you had them next day...and was still less than you were going to pay teh competitor. Again..we try and keep a large stock..and offer great prices. However if something is on backorder for a few days at a manufactuer we are direct with, we can't always just buy from a middle man and take a loss to get the order out. Not when the only option the customer has is to pay a competitor a bit more to get it immediatly.

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Happened to me when I ordered my borla stingers from them. They gave me the bulsh!t excuse that they were backed up from a plethora of orders and had not received any sets from borla. Keep in mind this was a week and a half after they charged my order. I threatened to cancel my order and order from american muscle, and they had the mufflers on my doorstep the next day.... First and last time I ever ordered from them

Quick Reply: problem with maryland speed