Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugly parking sticker issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Default Ugly parking sticker issue

Ok, in the scheme of things this is a small issue, but it's funny how the little things can bug you. My employer switched from a parking tag that hangs from the rear view mirror to a postcard sized, ugly sticker that I'm supposed to affix to the corner of the rear window or bumper. Either way it's fugly. I hate the thing taking away from the clean look of my car. My solution has been to mount the sticker on card stock and use cellophane tape to put it on the window. I put on Monday morning and take it off Friday afternoon. It's a lot of hassle to crawl into the back seat. I can't affix the sticker to the outside of the window unless it's permanent because someone would steal it.

Surely others have dealt with the parking sticker issue, and I'm sure some member has come up with an ingenious solution. Any help? I've considered taping the sticker on the front windshield and backing into the parking space. This would at least be easy to reach, but this is against the rules. Another idea would be to mount the sticker on a magnetic backing, put it on the bumper, and hope no one realizes that they can peel it off and steal it.

My Mustang is a convertible, and so lacks the typical shelf behind the rear seats.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

i would just back in your spot so it makes them harder to tow, and temporaryly put sticker in middle of front window would that be good enough for them?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Could you get one of those manual tag brackets for front tags?
If you could mount it to the rear bumper you could just flip it up at work and fold it back under after work.
(Had the wrong link here. Lol)
It may not look the best when your at work, but no one would see it other wise.

Last edited by Tanner05; 03-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

I would just keep doing what you're doing. Tape it to the inside of the rear window.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I have had the same issue with a large sticker. The town I live in requires a sticker to be affixed to the window, in order to use the transfer station to get rid of garbage. I did not want a ugly dump sticker stuck to the windsheild of my truck. What I did was I found some of that static cling plastic they use to protect touch screens and affixed the sticker to that. When I need to use sticker I just put it against glass and it sticks to it.

I want to add that I only temporarily use this to get in and out of transfer station. I do not know if it will stick to the window all day long.

Last edited by DRAGUL; 03-10-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:00 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

You could have the sticker laminated, use a couple small tabs of clear velcro to hold in place
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Gee! A post card size sticker!?!?
How big does this crap need to be?

Anyway, stick it to a real post card (LOL) and lay the whole thing on the dash where it's plenty visible.
Then as soon as you get in your car, in the glove box it goes.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Glue a magnetic strip to the back side of your bumper and then one to the back of the sticker. Then you can take it on and off as much as you like as far as looking at it. It will appear to be right on there unless your really looking.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Why would anyone want to steal a parking sticker?
Seems a little strange.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

Years ago I had issues with my company wanting to put a parking decal on my car. I complained and called it a "swa-sticker." They were not amused.

I think the idea of keeping it on with static cling is best.

Quick Reply: Ugly parking sticker issue