Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my mustang being tracked??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I've seen used car lots stick GPS trackers on all cars they sell. Typically these car lots sell to people with very bad credit. They use the GPS to find the car a few months later when the people don't pay their bill.
Are you being serious right now?!

Cause that's the craziest, shady dealership I have ever heard of. Word.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Are you being serious right now?!

Cause that's the craziest, shady dealership I have ever heard of. Word.
It happens. It's called risk management, and everybody does it. Dealers just do it differently. It really doesn't sound very unreasonable if you look at it from the dealer's viewpoint.

However, no dealer that does that would be dumb enough to leave the GPS sensor in plain sight where it would be child's play to simply cut the cord to it and voila, no more tracking.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Pretty much any new car now has GPS tracking capability which can be used to track the car if the loan goes south I suppose.....
Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Wow, that is some interesting info! Never did I think dealers would do that, but I always knew stuff like Onstar, etc had those capabilities... Just not for people other than the owner to utilize. Does make good sense tho i guess, albeit creeps me out a bit too to know the dealer can know where I am at any given time.

Question: When I bought the mustang (Ford dealer) we payed like 90% if it as the down, and then a few months later we finished altogether. Does this mean they can still track me?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Question: When I bought the mustang (Ford dealer) we payed like 90% if it as the down, and then a few months later we finished altogether. Does this mean they can still track me?
90% down.. I'd say that is ultra low risk for a loan to go sour....
Old 03-23-2011, 05:35 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Wow, that is some interesting info! Never did I think dealers would do that, but I always knew stuff like Onstar, etc had those capabilities... Just not for people other than the owner to utilize. Does make good sense tho i guess, albeit creeps me out a bit too to know the dealer can know where I am at any given time.

No, not the dealer, lien holder or lender. But they will turn your GPS tracking in to the Gov so they can take over tracking you. And the next time you speed, and you get a ticket in the mail, even though you knew you never drove in an area that remotely clocks you, you know it is your Big Brother sticking it to you.

Oh, BTW, when you first sat in your chair of your brand new car when you first bought it, did you feel that pin ***** on your ***? That was the car automatically jabbing a needle into you *** so it can inject a chip into you so even you can be tracked! ROFL!
Not just cats and dogs can be tracked by chips now! LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
No, not the dealer, lien holder or lender. But they will turn your GPS tracking in to the Gov so they can take over tracking you. And the next time you speed, and you get a ticket in the mail, even though you knew you never drove in an area that remotely clocks you, you know it is your Big Brother sticking it to you.

Oh, BTW, when you first sat in your chair of your brand new car when you first bought it, did you feel that pin ***** on your ***? That was the car automatically jabbing a needle into you *** so it can inject a chip into you so even you can be tracked! ROFL!
Not just cats and dogs can be tracked by chips now! LOLOLOLOLOL
Hahaha, Ok ok, I know its a poorly phrased question! But I was just curious about their motives and stuff that's all. I'm just one of those people who is big on privacy thats all lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

No, I agree. I am too, and as a matter of fact, I hate how our Gov is becmoing more and more camera and surveillance driverm, like England is becoming.
And when Gov cameras infiltrate my house, I will rip them all down with unbridled rage.
If I could find the GPS tracking units in my cars, I would rip those out too.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

i have a very similar looking one on my dash buts its for my nav system I installed with my Clarion head unit
Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I think it might already be too late to save the OP...if only he had contacted us earlier...

Quick Reply: Is my mustang being tracked??