Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got mine last week!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:00 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default Finally got mine last week!

I ordered this car on march 1st and got it last wednesday.....i love this car

http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02175.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02176.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02177.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02179.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02180.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02181.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02182.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/DSC02183.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/stang1.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/stang2.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/stang3.jpg
http://andyman82.com/files/stang4.jpg
Old 08-28-2005, 02:21 AM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally got mine last week!

Enjoy it dude! I sure do
Old 08-28-2005, 02:34 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Congrats...every time I see one, I just feel worse about mine...ordered a month and a day ago, still not VIN'd yet.
if mine ever shows up I'm liable to put 1000 miles on it before I can get out for any longer than it will take to fill the tank
Old 08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
06GTVert

No VIN yet? I put my order in on the 9th, and it will roll out the factory on Wednesday. Should be in my hands before 30 days have passed from time of order.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

06gt-
no VIN...my guess you live south of the winter snow- dealers up here cant sell squat during the bad weather months(who wants to drive a new car in the salt?) so southern guys get a big boost right off the bat.

big southern dealers get hundreds of GT's, bigger dealers up here might get a dozen or two- some smaller dealers get one. What really REALLY pisses me off is that I got the first(even if only one available) order from a nice local dealership, yet apparently allocation quantity also give 'cutting in line rights' to the bigger guys- stupid me always figured orders would be accepted in date sequence...first car I ever ordered. A guy ordered one on 8/11, scheduled to be delivered to him on my birthday(9/11)- yet mine was ordered at priority 10 on 7/26 and still havent even gotten a vin- without which, the car may never exist. I saw cars Vin'd a week after my order, figured had to be slow updates or something, then two weeks, three weeks, scheduled deliveries- nada for me though- each week has pissed me off even worse.
Ford needs to do one simple thing- TAKE SOLD ORDERS IN ORDER THEY ARE PLACED. theres at least one guy out there I know of thats a month ahead of me in the same situation- by all rights I still hope he gets his car before me, but I'm betting its more like next spring we'll be sitting here getting orders cancelled. I'll have a friggin stroke by then- just sitting here typing about this has got my blood pressure going again... heres a email I got from a southern dealer explaining the situation, and away around it, but If I did, I'd feel like I was driving somebody elses car, and slapping the face of a truly great dealer up here:

<<<You could have a priority of 3 in that dealership and have a 15 with me and still my Mustang will be there first because all is based on allocations. If your dealership doesnt have the allocations then it doesnt matter how low the priority they give to your order. They are not going to get that Mustang. To what I see happening out there is if they get a Mustang GT they prefer to sell it for 5 to 10 thousend over MSRP because they are so hard to get somebody will pay the premium to get that poney. Every dealership operates different and I dont have the answer for you to compare. All I know is you order from me and you will have a Mustang GT. As an example the forum member *** ordered a Mustang on August 11. He got serialised on August 13. Now he have a estimaded time of arrival of September 11, 2005. You can go back to page 98 till the present time on the forum and you see the difference. I know you want to be loyal to that dealership but the question is Can they deliver? Is not their fault is just there was not a demand previous years for Mustangs in that dealership. Let me know if you need anything else.>>>

that just made my day when I read it.

Ford needs to accept frigging orders in sequence- whats fair is fair- the allocation bull**** should be for 'lot filling' orders, and based on 'stock' sales only- if a northern dealer cant even get a sold car, how can they compete? If a northern dealer takes a sold order for the one allocation they get, that means they will NEVER have one in their showroom this year? sold orders are just that- people dont place orders at sticker because of some special advertising gimmick/lot full of cars/whatever people normally go to dealers for- the car was sold before the guy ever left the house, the dealer just has to push papers thru. However, If I've got a good reliable dealer in the area I wouldnt mind rewarding with my business, why is it necessary to have to go 1000 miles south to get same car/same paperwork shuffled from some guy I never met? ship car from michigan to florida to ohio. Ford needs to fix this, it just aint right. I either keep my old cars or buy a magnum or charger before being pushed into further adding to the greif of the local guys...I want this car more than Ive ever wanted any material object, but aint gonna get it by rewarding the wrong people/smacking the ones that have never done wrong by me.
the area rep is supposed to contact me monday- gonna get an earful though- If I **** them off, they can keep their f****** car that doesnt exist.
I cannot imagine all the poor folks(heard theres like 10,000 of them) that missed out on 05's- some waited 9 months before cancelling- Ford needs to remember who their customers are- its the guy paying a chunk of his income over the next 3-6 years that insures their survival- dealers woulnt last long without buyers, yet if I could order direct I wouldnt need a dealer would I?
I'm hoping they can compromise soon, and take internet orders, and allow "buyer" to specify dealer- they still get a cut for doing the financing/paperwork, but orders get serialized at time of placement- cancelled orders go back to allocation stock distribution(to keep fake buyers from filling the lots up).people that go to the dealer first can see their order placed(AND F****** SERIALIZED) at that time, etc...this aint rocket science, just fair common sense stuff- Ford needs to wake up though- I dont get upset much or often, but this has gotten under my skin more than anything I can remember.
Ive got 5 fords currently, always been a 'ford guy' but I tell ya, the 'ordering' experience has gone from 'eager/excited/worried/pissed off'...and its getting worse everyday. Already got a three page 'F***you Ford' letter typed up, and woulda sent it, but still halfheartedly thinking it *might* still get vin'd.
I'll never 'order' another Ford, unless they get this **** fixed- cant take the stress. Its really embarassing that a person could get so wrapped up about a darn car- But the Mustang GT is more than I EVER thought I'd see at a new car dealer, and Ive always been passionate about cars...I missed out on a 14,000 mile Boss 429 for 8,500 bucks back in '82- that hurt bad, but I seriously would rather have the 05/06- its a better car, and not something you'd be afraid to drive due to rarity...as I've never sold a car, 'book value' dont mean much to me, its all about the car- and the guys at ford sure got the new mustang where it needed to be...too bad fords marketing brilliance has screwed up the buying experience for so many people.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:55 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

ford4v429,

I agree what everything that you said, but a month and 1 day wait is nothing. I've had my order for an '06 since May, still dont have a vin # and the 1-800 lady still tells me that its clean and unscheduled, so basically nothing has ahppen o move my order along in 5 months. Where in the North are you? I'm in Northern NJ and I have the same feeling that Northeast Ford dealers just keep getting screwed when it comes to getting their orders filled. There should be no reason why my order hasnt been scheduled for build yet.

Anyway, andyman, enjoy your car man!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Im in northeast Ohio. Man 5 months- sorry to hear...I'm not upset about the 'waiting for the car' whats getting me is:

1 ) the waiting for the VIN- until it gets VIN'd there is no guarantee it will ever be built.

2 ) the fact that by the numbers datewise, mine shoulda been around the 13,000th one made AT THE LATEST. Yours shoulda been one of the very first...I'm guessing by thursdays pulls they'll be at between 25-30,000...especially for people like you thats an awful lot of getting shoved to the back of the line by Ford.

did you get a priority 10, and did your dealer have allocation for at least your unit? if so, I'd say at the very least the Ford Motor Company at least owes us both VIN's. I'm pretty sure theres a lot more people getting shoved to the back of the line- like I said Ford needs to figure out who the customer is- their allocation on sold orders is hurting MOST dealers and pissing off MOST ordering customers.

As long as I get my VIN, I'll wait it out- absolutely love the car, but deal with the wife is- get one new one/two old ones go- I aint parting with the cars Ive poured so much time into over the years until I know I aint gonna get screwed over by Ford.
Really sucks is gotta echeck/plate a few within 2 weeks- was hoping not to have to mess with that, just get rid of them as-is...probably get Vin the day I renew all the tags- guess right now that would be ok though- I just want to KNOW if im gonna get my car, or if they'll just keep 'allocating' it to someone in Florida- with all the flooding from the hurricane, Florida might need to replace a bunch- great for the florida dealers- all extra sales count towards allocation next year.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Congrats andyman that is a sweet car. You life will never be the same. I hope you don't mind detailing because black is the hardest to keep clean however in my opinion the best color.. Dig that red interior too.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

ford4v429,

Yeah, got a priority 10. As far as a I know the dealership had plenty allocations, even to the point wher they told me that they just bought out another dealerships inventory and their allocations as well. The last time I checked in with them about my order I was about the 2nd or 3rd GT coupe waiting at that paticular dealership, and that was about 3 weeks ago, and I'm not sure if anything has changed. Your right we are at least owed a VIN #. Since my order has been in for so long, I thought I would have at least got a VIN when the 06's production began on August 8th. Then I would have at least have a time frame as to when my car would be produced. Its frustrating, especially for us in the northern states, because if the wait gets any longer, well be receiving our cars when there's wet leaves on the ground and cold wheather to follow.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Andyman... SWWWwweeeeeettttt Ride man... welcome to the crowd!

ford4v429...

Dude.... I (We) understand your frustration! However, your vents have been expressed before, but nobody vents at FORD! not that it would do you any good now, but you guys need to let Ford know your displeasure with thier Order system.. The allocations system doesn't work for "Customer Orders. The Customer has no recourse except to pretend to be a dealership to get information! _ That is a bunch of crap too.

However - - People ordering TBirds went thought the same crap, complained to Ford and nothing has changed...

It isn't any better if you order a GM or Crystlar product...

And the big 3 are wondering why people are flocking away from them!

Quick Reply: Finally got mine last week!