Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Mustang drivers...beach question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:37 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default SoCal Mustang drivers...beach question

Planning on a June road trip to SoCal. Bringing my new GT. Every other trip no big deal going to the beach and hitting the water, etc...and rinsing off pretty good in the public showers right along the walkways and then jumping in the rental car. I dont care if I get sand in a rental after all, but it inevitably does happen.

But I don't want sand in my stang. Is there a trick us tourista's dont know about to keep the sand out of the car? This will make or break the beach day and I dont think that the wife is terribly happy about that.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Would be good to know for me as well. I transfer to San Diego next month and will be going to the beach in the stang for sure! The only thing I could think of is the all weather floor mats (the rubber ones that hold mud, water etc) and some seat covers.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
Would be good to know for me as well. I transfer to San Diego next month and will be going to the beach in the stang for sure! The only thing I could think of is the all weather floor mats (the rubber ones that hold mud, water etc) and some seat covers.
What's your MOS? I was out in SD when they had the RTC back in 89 and took a shot at SEALs...got my **** handed to me. Those guys are tough tough hombres and no way when I was an 18 yr old, 140lb punk going to hang with those operators. Ultimate respect for those guys.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

DUH - just saw in your sig.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

The sand gets everywhere unless: shower and change cloths at the beach house. That works for me....unless those accommodations aren't available. Then, vacuum ASAP!!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Most of the popular beaches have showers to rinse off. Throw on your flip flops and walk to the car without kicking up sand. Toss the flops in the trunk and hop in the car. Should be minimal sand that way. Another option is to wait until you are entirely dry and then brush the sand off with a DRY towel. Either way, you'll get a little sand from time to time, however, it cleans up much nicer than mud. BTW, the ocean may still be a bit cool in June. (Do a search for June Gloom). Better to hit the beach in July/August. Have fun.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Is there a trick us tourista's dont know about to keep the sand out of the car? This will make or break the beach day and I dont think that the wife is terribly happy about that.
Don't go to the beach?

There are several beaches that have showers. One of the largest is Huntington Beach State Park. I'm a fan of the beaches in the OC and recommend HB, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, and in SD County La Jolla. Enjoy your vacation.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Get a bucket of water and dump it on you feet right before you get in the car. That seems to be the only part of me that REALLY brings sand into the car.

And i agree with the gentleman above me. THose are some nice beaches and you wont be dissapointed.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:19 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

I get a lot of sand in my car when I take my dog to Dog Beach.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

This is probably the reason I don't hit the beaches. Unless if a friend is driving. Or else, I'd just take the chrysler mini van

Quick Reply: SoCal Mustang drivers...beach question