Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many MPG are you getting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Default How many MPG are you getting?

I just talked to my friend about ordering a 2012 mustang gt stick and he told me to go with a honda accord v6 coupe because according to him....better resale price and demand, and better mpg. I told him the new mustangs are 17, 25 and he said that's true and just a marketing gimmick. He's not biased he doesn't own neither, he works at a car dealer. I was wondering....how many miles per gallon are you guys getting? please also include how you drive and weather they're high way or local miles.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

4mpg under boost.... If you are so concerned about mpg, then maybe a Prius is a better option. Btw, the manufacturers numbers are pretty much spot on for normal driving!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

13mpg and smiling all the way
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Will3212
I just talked to my friend about ordering a 2012 mustang gt stick and he told me to go with a honda accord v6 coupe because according to him....better resale price and demand, and better mpg. I told him the new mustangs are 17, 25 and he said that's true and just a marketing gimmick. He's not biased he doesn't own neither, he works at a car dealer. I was wondering....how many miles per gallon are you guys getting? please also include how you drive and weather they're high way or local miles.
You have to decide what you want. AN accord might have better resale value but do you plan on flipping the mustang? Most of the people on here will change out a mustang for a mustang but everyone seems pretty happy that they have one.

You can either have a muscle car that gets decent MPGs that will smoke the accord or you can get something thats good on gas.

Also consider this...how long would it take to make up the difference in money that you would be saving on gas by having the accord over the mustang?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Tell your friend to beat it (just kidding haha). Lol, the mpgs for a 6 speed accord are 17/26 and 270hp and 254tq for the accord 6. With the mustang, you get more power sooner and for the accord you are gonna have to PUNCH it to get the same performance which means guzzling MORE gas. That 1mpg difference is moot, and VERY variable. Ford can't lie on something like that, its usually verified by the EPA as well if I'm not mistaken.

Not hating on the accord, but its also roughly the same weight at the mustang so that argument goes out the window. Just go with the stang, its more driver friendly and doesn't look like my toaster lol.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Will3212
*I told him the new mustangs are 17, 25 and he said that's NOT true and just a marketing gimmick.*
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Marketing gimich, huh? yup, I guess the EPA is in on it.

Before the supercharger I was getting about 18, mostly city driving with a heavy foot and a wide grin... after the supercharger, a rock solid 15.3 again with a heavy foot and wider grin.

Thank God for Prius owners, the gas they conserve, I can use.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
....Thank God for Prius owners, the gas they conserve, I can use.
Now, if they can just get their slowass POS battery car out of the left lane!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Now, if they can just get their slowass POS battery car out of the left lane!!!
No ****. they annoy me to no end. I loved the top gear episode where they had a Prius run the track ***** out and an M3 following just keeping up, the Prius had worse gas mileage than the M3 in that case. If anything is a marketing gimmick it is the Prius.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Lately I've been getting about 15mpg driving very aggressively city running 93. Normally on 87 with an 87 tune, I get about 19.5 mpg with mostly city, and 10%-20% highway.

The figures they put out there are accurate so don't worry about that. Honestly just get the mustang...you won't regret it.

Quick Reply: How many MPG are you getting?