Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GTS announced at New York Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

these look to all be post-title Shelbys. Not limited production runs like the Shelby GTs.

I like the rear shot of it much better than the front. I don't know why SA feels it's so necessary to use that same drop down type of hood that they used on the GT-H. Makes it looks like the radiator cap is a foot tall!

But it still just doesn't look "new" to me, and is remarkably similar to the first gen S197's
Old 04-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
First of all, if you have the money to do this upgrade you should not be driving a V6 Mustang. Second of all, who in their right mind would be a V6 Mustang? They should not even be made. The Mustang is supposed to be a muscle car, not a family economy car.

Just my thoughts
The new V-6 has 300 Hp and can get 31 mpg.

The question should be "who in their right mind would NOT buy a V6 Mustang!"
Maybe you live in Saudi Arabia of BFE, but the rest of us are experiencing $4-$5 a gallon gasoline!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

First of all, if you have the money to do this upgrade you should not be driving a V6 Mustang. Second of all, who in their right mind would be a V6 Mustang? They should not even be made. The Mustang is supposed to be a muscle car, not a family economy car.

Just my thoughts
REALLY? Your "thoughts" indeed. If it wasn't for the v6 your precious GT would not even have enough buyers to keep production going for the ford mustang. Take a look at history, the v6 is the meat of the sales for ford, the GT is much more for a smaller market of enthusiasts. I would LOVE to have a GT, but the fact is- a v6 has its pros as well, lots of them. That is why they sell, and carol shelby knows that.

I think its pretty intriguing that they are making a v6 option for this model. Even if its ***** to the wall ugly lol.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Just my thoughts
You know a lot of people would ask you why you got the 2010 GT instead of waiting for the 5.0. This isn't a V6 hate fest on these forums, so how about instead of trying to offend other members on the forum keep your thoughts to yourself. Oh and just so you know the 2011 V6 will give the 4.6s a run for their money. Take your trolling else where.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
You know a lot of people would ask you why you got the 2010 GT instead of waiting for the 5.0. This isn't a V6 hate fest on these forums, so how about instead of trying to offend other members on the forum keep your thoughts to yourself. Oh and just so you know the 2011 V6 will give the 4.6s a run for their money. Take your trolling else where.
Aww yeah T-pain! Bringing the hurt, sixxer style.

Respect+
Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Lol thanks Aaquib. Didn't mean to be all dramatic I just can't stand it when some people think that their GT is so much better than a V6. I guess they don't realize that some GT500 people think the same about them.

And on my earlier post I meant no harm to any other 2010 GT owners. I think your cars are beautiful.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Just my thoughts
With posts like this, we don't need to hear about your idiotic thoughts so GTFO!!

First of all, when Ford made the Mustang, it was simply to replace the aging Falcon.
The idea was not the muscle car theme, despite that it became that way later with the help of guys like Carroll Shelby and the Pony car trend etc...
They never expected that car to be selling like it did.

Second of all, nowadays your boring 2010 315hp GT gets its *** kicked by not only 6 cyl but also some stock 4 bangers.
Feeling any parts of your anatomy's shrinking now?

People in their right mind do buy 6 cyl Mustangs...
That would be mostly women, young guys that can't afford a GT yet and lastly people that don't give jack about horsepower by still wanna have a cool looking ride, mmmmmmkay?

The debate about V6 vs V8, Turbo vs Superchargers and Automatic vs Manual is getting old.
Challenge yourself and make constructive posts.

Thanks for coming out.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

On the GTS, I'll say it's the first Shelby that I've ever seen that I didn't like. Looks like the result of a drunken one night stand between a Mustang and a Charger. And I've seen ricers with better looking stripes.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Lol thanks Aaquib. Didn't mean to be all dramatic I just can't stand it when some people think that their GT is so much better than a V6. I guess they don't realize that some GT500 people think the same about them.

And on my earlier post I meant no harm to any other 2010 GT owners. I think your cars are beautiful.
I agree I have a Snake..I cant imagine why ANYONE would have a GT..LOL!! BTW I have one of each...love them all!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by pascal
With posts like this, we don't need to hear about your idiotic thoughts so GTFO!!

First of all, when Ford made the Mustang, it was simply to replace the aging Falcon.
The idea was not the muscle car theme, despite that it became that way later with the help of guys like Carroll Shelby and the Pony car trend etc...
They never expected that car to be selling like it did.

Second of all, nowadays your boring 2010 315hp GT gets its *** kicked by not only 6 cyl but also some stock 4 bangers.
Feeling any parts of your anatomy's shrinking now?

People in their right mind do buy 6 cyl Mustangs...
That would be mostly women, young guys that can't afford a GT yet and lastly people that don't give jack about horsepower by still wanna have a cool looking ride, mmmmmmkay?

The debate about V6 vs V8, Turbo vs Superchargers and Automatic vs Manual is getting old.
Challenge yourself and make constructive posts.

Thanks for coming out.
I knew there was a reason I liked you, Pascal.

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I agree I have a Snake..I cant imagine why ANYONE would have a GT..LOL!! BTW I have one of each...love them all!
See thats the attitude every Mustang owner should have IMO.