Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac Exhaust Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Default Mac Exhaust Opinions

So I have been running Mac L/T's with a O/R Prochamber out through Pypes Mid Mufflers with my Cervinis kit and while I like the sound I wish it was a little louder and had a slightly deeper tone. I know our cars are hard to make sound as good/deep as the old 4v New Edge Mustangs but I am wondering if I took the mid mufflers off and had an exhaust shop run straight pipes from the prochamber out to the tips if it would make the car louder with a deeper tone or would it just lose any tone that it already has?

Here is a clip of the exhaust as is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D730G...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by simplexdesign; 04-29-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i did the exact opposite.
I had LT's o/r x pipe and muffler deletes. it was too loud, had no tone, sounded like crap.
so i added M80's bofore the rear end. now it has the deep tone and no crappy garbage truck exhaust sound.
its much better with the M80's vs without.
anything with only pipe and no muffler will sound like crap, IMO.
it's gonna be very difficult to find a setup that is louder than what you got now and still sound good.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i did the exact opposite.
I had LT's o/r x pipe and muffler deletes. it was too loud, had no tone, sounded like crap.
so i added M80's bofore the rear end. now it has the deep tone and no crappy garbage truck exhaust sound.
its much better with the M80's vs without.
anything with only pipe and no muffler will sound like crap, IMO.
it's gonna be very difficult to find a setup that is louder than what you got now and still sound good.

Thanks for the info but I am wondering since I have a Prochamber and you have an X pipe if the prochamber will give it the tone yours wasnt getting. Maybe I should just take my mufflers off and see how it sounds even though it will be dumbing exhaust under the car.

I Honestly miss my Boom Tubes I used to have when I had the factory H Pipe and Manifolds. I bet they would sound really good with the L/Ts and O/R Prochamber. Being that I have to have a mid muffler I dont really have many options on mufflers besides what Cervinis supplies.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to jump off the subject but do you have issues with scraping your side exhuest? I've would kill for side exhaust set up but I'm scared about destroying them on speed bumps or funky roads. I have FRPP K Springs.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wil
Sorry to jump off the subject but do you have issues with scraping your side exhuest? I've would kill for side exhaust set up but I'm scared about destroying them on speed bumps or funky roads. I have FRPP K Springs.

Yea I hit depending on the height of the speed bump and speed I am going since the springs compress. I Love the side exhaust and get complimented on them all the time but you have to completely relearn how to drive the car to avoid hitting them as well as my front bumper. I have had the kit on since 08 and havent hit anything since 09 so it can be had without any major daily issues but I have no idea how guys get this kit and lower their car.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
Thanks for the info but I am wondering since I have a Prochamber and you have an X pipe if the prochamber will give it the tone yours wasnt getting. Maybe I should just take my mufflers off and see how it sounds even though it will be dumbing exhaust under the car.

I Honestly miss my Boom Tubes I used to have when I had the factory H Pipe and Manifolds. I bet they would sound really good with the L/Ts and O/R Prochamber. Being that I have to have a mid muffler I dont really have many options on mufflers besides what Cervinis supplies.
I ran a prochamber with hi-flows and SLP LM. It sounded okay at idle and cruising but over 4500 RPMS it became too loud. I added resonators and the tone improved. Here is video clip of Prochamber w/hi-flows and SLP LM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWAZfrdmjE
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
So I have been running Mac L/T's with a O/R Prochamber out through Pypes Mid Mufflers with my Cervinis kit and while I like the sound I wish it was a little louder and had a slightly deeper tone. I know our cars are hard to make sound as good/deep as the old 4v New Edge Mustangs but I am wondering if I took the mid mufflers off and had an exhaust shop run straight pipes from the prochamber out to the tips if it would make the car louder with a deeper tone or would it just lose any tone that it already has?

Here is a clip of the exhaust as is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D730G...ature=youtu.be
I love the sound of your car. I wouldn't change it. But if I did I would go with MAC axlebacks and maybe take off the resonators.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

Whatever you decide to do, don't get rid of the side exhaust! Your setup sounds too good.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:24 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I like it how it is.