Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lets do something about the wait

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default lets do something about the wait

heres the address for Ford customer service

Edited- different zip for CRC

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126

I'm suggesting/asking/begging EVERYONE in here wether or not you got your car to write and tell ford they need to start taking SOLD ORDERS by the date recieved- FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED its only fair. My Dealer just explained the mess up north- our 'Zone' has at least 100 dealerships, and Ford picks 8 GT's per week to ship to them- currently and for some time, all are 05 makeup orders (as they should be). problem is down in Florida, guys can order a 06 GT and see it in a few weeks- while thats nice for him, it sure aint fair to the guy thats waited 5+ months and still not recieved a vin number up north. Ford needs to stop the bull**** allocation based priority on sold orders- now. if enough of us bitch about the frustration of their current system, perhaps it can change and the dealerships up north will be allowed to get 'sold' orders too- right now the yearround sunshine areas naturally sell more cars, and this ups their allocation status, which lets them bounce smaller dealerships orders to the back of the line. Sold orders are not 'stock for the lot'- they are cars that were sold before the buyer ever left home- why cant I order it locally? Why to get one do I need to go 1000 miles away to a guy that cant even spell 'pony' in order to bump some unfortunate 05 backordered guy up north out of line again. Sold orders need taken by date, first come first served, whats fair is fair. theres thousands of guys that got screwed over by Fords allocation based 'sold' order crap. If we all complain to ford, maybe the situation can be rectified. strength in numbers guys!

ps- please post copy of your letter in here- maybe if theres a good writer among us we can cut and paste a bit - for those of us like me that dont type.

I want my car, but I'm not gonna go south to cut in line. at current distribution, northern 06's are probably gonna be a rarity- lets do something about it- if you write, they WILL read it, and will acknowledge- lets get them backed up as far as the gt deliveries maybe they'll get tired of hearing us complain about a stupid sales philosophy.

We are the buyers- We will be paying out a lot of our cash for 3-6 years to buy this car. the dealer is not the true customer- we are, and should not be penalized for not living in Florida.

even if you dont have one on order- someday your dreamcar might be in a similar state- please do us all a favor and put 33 cents and five minutes towards putting an end to this mess. Thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: lets do something about the wait

I have been complaining for the past year about this but unfortunately it is going to fall on deaf ears. You can write all you want but will the big guys listen? I bet not. They know everything there is to know about the ordering process. That is at least what the big guys says. In my home based computer business, I take orders as I recieve them, sure it is not as big as Ford is but that is the way I do business. When you have such a hot product such as this car and the assembly line is equiped to produce so many cars for the year, it is going to be difficult to satisfy everyone. There are also suppliers that has to keep up the demand and they are taking the orders from Ford. If the suppliers can't keep up, then the customers will have to wait.

This discussion can go on forever and it doesn't matter where you are waiting for your car. There are politics in every aspect of business and this is no exception. That is why the little dealer will never be able to get their orders through as fast as the larger dealers.

For everyone waiting, good luck and the wait is really worth it. I promise you that, just be patient and search your local dealer lots often.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:44 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

<<This discussion can go on forever and it doesn't matter where you are waiting for your car. There are politics in every aspect of business and this is no exception. That is why the little dealer will never be able to get their orders through as fast as the larger dealers.>>

probably true- but for the cost of a stamp what would it hurt? I Called the 'just about useless' customer service to see if there was a different number/address to get it thru to someone involved with allocations- basic address gets all the mail- however, EVERY piece of mail they get has to be filed/responded to- phone calls dont carry the same weight. when you write, they got a name/address and are obligated to respond- just like writing congressman- probably not gonna change anything, but they are kinda obligated to give at least a minimal response- if enough people complain- and often enough, they might have to rethink their defense (or lack of response) to the situation.

Couple other things I'd like to pester them about is allowing internet ordering- thru any delership of my choosing, if vins could be assigned at time of ordering, at least you would know that barring material shortages your car will get built sooner or later.
Even better yet- get something like the 'kzinti' group over at blueovalforums as official ford service, so buyers can actually get legitimate up to date info on their orders. the backdoor method is only way right now and in this day and age its silly.
I'm sure theres some very large dealerships out there that are fine with things the way they are, but I'd like to see them defend their cross country leverage on SOLD orders as being 'fair'...maybe alls fair in business, but it doesnt mean they wouldnt look silly defending right to cut in line.

if enough people write them, at least things MIGHT change- otherwise this FUBAR'd mess will just face someone else down the road.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

GUYS ALLOCATION IS ALLOCATION....AND DEPENDING WHJERE YOU LIVE AND IF THERE ARE COMMODITY HOLDS THEN WELL IT COULD BE SOME TIME....YES FLORIDA DEALERS GET EM FATRSER CAUSE THEY HAVE MORE ALLOCATION CUZ THEY SELL MORE...AND IN THE NORTHEAST MUSTANGS DONT SEEL AS WELL AS THEY DO ON COASTAL STAES...BELIVE ME...DONT YOU THINK WE WANNA MAKE MONEY....ITS NOT A PERFECT WORLD UNFORTUNATELY....YOU THINK FORD PURPOSELY HOLDS EM BACK SO THEY CANT SELL EM...COME ON NOW....ALLOCATION IS BASED ON PREVIOUS YEARS SALES....SO IF YER DEALER DIDNT SELL SQUAT IN 04...HE DIDNT GET THAT MANY 05'S AND IF HE DIDNT GET THAT MANY 05'S THEN HE WONT GET MANY 06'S....SEE MY POINT....BUT WRITE YER LETTER...IT CANT HURT

Old 08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I live in florida, so i guess thats a plus for me, ordered mine 2 weeks ago and got a vin today.. Like what was said above selling dealers get the cars first. If you ran a business you would want to make as much money too. I dont see why you wouldnt order from a southern dealership. They can have the car sent to your local dealership after they get it. No waiting 5+ months. I would just do what i have to do to get the car as fast as possible. No use trying to write them. Nothing is fair.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:24 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

AND IF HE DIDNT GET THAT MANY 05'S THEN HE WONT GET MANY 06'S....SEE MY POINT....

thats the problem- most northern dealers got little to nothing last year, although they had 'sold orders' on many- and because of it will get basically nothing this year- I guess next year the dealers will owe ford some mustangs. its a rediculous cycle, but if demand stays high the allocation landslide just gets worse. I kinda think all small-medium sized dealerships should be on equal footing for sold orders with goliath sized dealers in the sunshine belt.

few questions for the bulk of dealers out there:

would Ford accepting 'sold' orders in order placed hurt you?

would taking sold orders in order placed make customers mad?

Would taking sold orders in order taken make approximate build dates more readily available?

would taking orders fairly improve fords customer relations?

The current method is hurting all but the largest dealers, making customers upset, making build dates impossible to predict...
which is the lesser of two evils? this wouldnt mean southern guys couldnt fill orders, it would just mean they cant cut in line on 'sold' orders only.

Allocation status (from 'stock' sales+ maybe a percentage of sold orders) should be retained for 'lot filling' purposes- big guys get bigger share percentage wise, but 'sold' orders at list should all be next in line- heck, you know up front youre selling at list price and wont have to carry it in inventory at all- I'd think its a dealers dream. Whats the percentage of 'sold orders' usually run- maybe 20-30% tops? this wouldnt be a drastic allocation shift for lot filling, but would at least allow all areas equal growth opportunity.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:35 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

what do you mean by "sold order" like people are paying for a car they dont have yet? or they just put down a deposit? It doesnt make sense if you start paying for a car thats not even made yet. Deposit i can understand.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

sold orders are 'not for the showroom'- a customer has already put a deposit to buy the car even though it dont exist yet...orders for stock are priority 80, sold cars start at 40, lowest number gets built first, as ones built, next up moves down a notch(unless dealer changes it- they can set as they see fit).
Only problem with by sold orders by date, would be auditing for 'bogus sold orders' to get stock- put the customers name on the DORA(already done) and if it changes, the car goes back to allocation stock- easy way to prevent some gougy dealer from getting any ideas.

heck, if I could rush mine along by getting the financing now I wouldnt mind...Its 'sold' as far as I'm concerned- the sooner its paid off the better. next best thing to getting a new car is sending in that last payment...bad thing would be banks require insurance- would be kinda hard buying insurance for a car that didnt exist
Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
old tsteffes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

heres the address for Ford customer service

Ford Motor Company
PO Box 6248
16800 Executive Plaza Drive
Dearborn Michigan 48121
I used to work in that building, and I believe the zip code is 48126. http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/contact/

It's a beautiful building. http://www.claytonstudio.com/architecture7x.htm
Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

thanks- I got the address from guy on the phone- either different zip for po box or I heard it wrong...thanks again-

Quick Reply: lets do something about the wait