Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warmer State Stang Orders

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:18 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Default Warmer State Stang Orders

For all of you who have placed or are going to place an order for a new Mustang GT or V6 and you live in a southern or warm climate state, I have a question.

If you dont mind stating how much you payed for you car. MSRP, over? under?

My question comes from my dealer informing me that states such as Florida and Texas are charging as much as 8,000 over MSRP and I find that a little hard to believe since those are states where most the Mustangs are being allocated so there should be more of supply.

If someone in Florida can place in order now, in 2 weeks get a Vin, and then 2 weeks after that get their car, all for around MSRP, then I would have a better chance of getting the car I want sooner if I placed an another order with a dealership down there, flew down to get it and drove it home and then cancelling the worthless order I placed 5+ months ago up here in NJ. The worst that would happen is I tie up another $500, in a deposit, but so what.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:09 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Warmer State Stang Orders

I live in the Dallas area and most dealers say up to 3,000 above MSRP. I found one who actually sold to me under MSRP. It really just depends on the dealer. The fact more mustangs are allocated here is because the demand is high. That doesn't make the price any better because they know with demand so hig, someone will pay for it.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:53 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i live in houston and when they first came out in late october here, my local dealership tried to tack on $3K to MSRP and i told him to kiss my ***. turns out i got mine in early november for MSRP...$26,750 but i had a hook-up. at the time, i was managing a bar and the owner's son owned one of the biggest dealerships here

even now, i could drive right down the road to champion ford and get a black GT hardtop or convertible (they have one of each) for MSRP or if i really felt like dickering, maybe even a little less
Old 08-30-2005, 02:20 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

The local dealer in Dublin California tried to convince me that their $3000 markup was reasonable. I convinced them that there were at least 25 other dealers within 50 miles and that I was willing to go as far as 1000 miles away to save that much. After a couple visits to the finance guys they decided to give in and sell it to me for MSRP.

All you need to do is explain to your local dealer, just like I did to mine, that you would rather work with them, but if their markup is significantly more than a plane ticket to somewhere with reasonable prices, you'll save your money and get the better price.

It helped that I didn't have to qualify for financing or anything.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

I went about an hour outside of San Antonio and got mine for right at MSRP ($26995). The dealerships in town were charging between 3-5K over MSRP. If you drive around a bit and haggle with the dealers you'll get a deal. The small town dealers are easiest to deal with because they don't get as much business as the big city dealers...they'll do whatever they can to get the deal.

Dave
Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 PM
RF2.1
2nd Gear Member

I'm here in Florence, SC, and I got mt '06 GT in exactly 2 months, to the day. I ordered mine back on June 23rd; got it last Tuesday. MSRP for mine was 27K exactly, and the dealer(Horne Ford) didn't try to tack on any "market adjustment" to it at all. Also, even though I did order it, they didn't make me put any money down(I just had first dibs), so they still had some room to try and screw me on the price.

David
Old 08-30-2005, 08:40 PM
potro
1st Gear Member

I live in San Luis Arizona, I got my black 05 GT convertible premium in Calexico California for $32,500.

I think I got a good deal since I heard of other dealers asking 39,000 for the exact same car.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

i live in south florida, and for the 06's they had on the lot they marked up 5,000 each. Since i ordered mine, we got 1200 under msrp, thats the lowest he would go, he told me when the car arrives we can talk more. Ordered 2 and a half weeks ago and got my vin yesterday.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:37 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BTDstang

For all of you who have placed or are going to place an order for a new Mustang GT or V6 and you live in a southern or warm climate state, I have a question.

If you dont mind stating how much you payed for you car. MSRP, over? under?

My question comes from my dealer informing me that states such as Florida and Texas are charging as much as 8,000 over MSRP and I find that a little hard to believe since those are states where most the Mustangs are being allocated so there should be more of supply.

If someone in Florida can place in order now, in 2 weeks get a Vin, and then 2 weeks after that get their car, all for around MSRP, then I would have a better chance of getting the car I want sooner if I placed an another order with a dealership down there, flew down to get it and drove it home and then cancelling the worthless order I placed 5+ months ago up here in NJ. The worst that would happen is I tie up another $500, in a deposit, but so what.
I live in Florida and ordered my car in my home town, Crystal River (70 miles north of Tampa), and got it for MSRP ($28315).
The only thing I could negotiate was the trade-in ($1700).
After the trade-in, tax, tag, and title it came up to $28759.64

Old 08-31-2005, 01:34 AM
06GTVert

I am in North Dallas. I walked into Middlekauff Ford in Plano, and had an 06 GT Vert ordered in 15 minutes at sticker. I fully expect to be in possesion of this fine car on the 10th of September, I ordered it on the 8th of August. I know Middlekauff has a ****load of allocations to use, they usually have about 5 Saleens sitting around too.

Quick Reply: Warmer State Stang Orders