Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Default Lag?

ever since i got my supercharger i have been experiencing a slight "lag". when i start up my car, when it is "cool", and i start driving away in the first couple of gears it feels as if only a fraction of the power is making it to the wheels from 1500 to ~2000 RPM and then i get the usual "push" that i should be getting under throttle. i am not necessarily attempting full throttle but maybe only 3/10. what could possibly be causing anything like this? if my explanation seems odd i could try to elaborate some more.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Do you mean when you crank it over to fire it up or when you are in first gear pulling away? Your explanation doesn't make sense to me. lol
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Your supercharger's broken. Tell you what: I'll take it off your hands, and even pay for shipping! Then you won't have to deal with this headache anymore.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
Do you mean when you crank it over to fire it up or when you are in first gear pulling away? Your explanation doesn't make sense to me. lol
when i am in first, second, third pulling awway and accelerating there is the lower range in the RPM where the power is... off. this happens when i first turn on the car. after the car is already warm the problem doesn't occur when pulling away from a stop sign or light.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
Your supercharger's broken. Tell you what: I'll take it off your hands, and even pay for shipping! Then you won't have to deal with this headache anymore.

its not really a headache but an extreme curiosity as to whether or not something is breaking. i don't think it is the clutch as the problem seems to be the engine keeping itself from revving.

your more than welcome to have the supercharger though.

FOR $1,000,000,000 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I don't know that I'd say that's abnormal, at least for me while I'm waiting for the oil to heat up/the engine to heat up, I definitely feel like there's less power available to me. Not a significant amount but definitely less.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I don't know that I'd say that's abnormal, at least for me while I'm waiting for the oil to heat up/the engine to heat up, I definitely feel like there's less power available to me. Not a significant amount but definitely less.
the weird thing is after 2k rpm it is all there. it's just the initial portion of the RPM range.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Any Roots/Twin Screw/TVS install is basically a CMDC delete. I think at lower RPM's this does actually reduce torque.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Any Roots/Twin Screw/TVS install is basically a CMDC delete. I think at lower RPM's this does actually reduce torque.
does the same thing happen to you? i don't think it is a torque issue since it resolves itself after warming up.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
does the same thing happen to you? i don't think it is a torque issue since it resolves itself after warming up.
My car used to have a slight hesitation around 3K RPM when the plates would open ... other than not having that hesitation anymore I don't think I notice anything different. With the S/C I generally don't mash the pedal until around 3K RPM anyway ... so the Boost doesn't kick in at low RPM ...

Quick Reply: Lag?