Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dealer said I have a bad control arm.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Default The dealer said I have a bad control arm.

I went for service for my 12' mustang gt last week and the dealer said it's a bad control arm. What happened was every time I go over just a small bump there would be a squeak coming from the suspension. It was annoying as hell. This is my first new car and I didn't expect something to fail in just 200 miles. It took 2 mechanics to find the problem, by the time they found the problem all my gas was gone. It said "9 miles till empty". The guy said he ordered a new control arm for me and will call me when it arrives. He has not called me yet. He said it's not a safety or performance concern but just an annoying squeak. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:41 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I have a squeak coming from the rear of my car, but when I brought it to my dealer they told me it was from my "aftermarket exhaust". A$$HOLES!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
mac's mustang

Yeah same problem in my 07 gt. of corse mines not new but all they did was replace it. It took them, banner ford louisiana, about three days to get the part and install. He said the same thing not a "real" problem but annoying. The control arm that was replaced was brand new. so idk man.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I have a squeak coming from the rear of my car, but when I brought it to my dealer they told me it was from my "aftermarket exhaust". A$$HOLES!!!
is the squeak still there? so you just drive with it and try to ignore it? thats why I don't like modding, when you take it in for service they just say it's your after market part that caused the issue. by the way where in NY you from. I'm from nyc Queens
Old 05-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac's mustang
Yeah same problem in my 07 gt. of corse mines not new but all they did was replace it. It took them, banner ford louisiana, about three days to get the part and install. He said the same thing not a "real" problem but annoying. The control arm that was replaced was brand new. so idk man.
so after they replaced it, everything was fine right? the squeak went away?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

its unfortunate, but every single piece on your car has a failure rate, even if its .0000001% it can still happen. Hopefully the replacement fixes the squeak.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 AM
mac's mustang

Originally Posted by Will3212
so after they replaced it, everything was fine right? the squeak went away?
correct all was good after that.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Will3212
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac's mustang
correct all was good after that.
I just called the dealer and they said it won't be here till May 30th the fastest. It sucks that I have to wait so long and drive with this annoying squeak from every small bump
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I went for service for my 12' mustang gt last week and the dealer said it's a bad control arm. What happened was every time I go over just a small bump there would be a squeak coming from the suspension. It was annoying as hell. This is my first new car and I didn't expect something to fail in just 200 miles. It took 2 mechanics to find the problem, by the time they found the problem all my gas was gone. It said "9 miles till empty". The guy said he ordered a new control arm for me and will call me when it arrives. He has not called me yet. He said it's not a safety or performance concern but just an annoying squeak. Anyone else have this problem?
How much gas was in there before you took it in? That seems very suspicious unless you brought it in with the light on...
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hi Will3212,

I am sorry your control arm failed already. With new vehicles, we want them to be perfect, and I apologize yours has not been. Sometimes, it is a bit of a wait for parts to come in, especially for new vehicles having an uncommon issue. Once the repair is complete, you will be able to enjoy your Mustang confidently. Also, to address the issue of your gas, how full was the tank when you brought it in? If you would like to send me a private message with your contact information, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer, I can ensure your situation is appropriately documented. Thank you for your patience.

~Natasha

Last edited by FordService; 05-20-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: The dealer said I have a bad control arm.