Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price of new and used mustangs rediculous!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:02 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i was telling someone this just the other day. people always think a used car is more affordable and it isn't always. a used car may be cheaper than a new car, but with rebates and longer finance periods and the fact that you can often getter a better interest rate on a new car compared to used a lot of time the payment will be lower on a new car (albeit for a longer term). no its not cheaper, but $500 monthly for a used car at $29,000 or $475 monthly for a new car at $36k and most people will want the lower payment even if its for more years. and you can always pay a little extra each month and pay the car down faster.. moral is check new car prices and be sure you get all the rebates you are entitled too. order a mustang brochure and it will come with a $750 coupon, students can get money off, law enforcement can get money off, and military can get money off too. not to mention right now the 11's are being rebated pretty well with 12's coming.
^This. And that's not even mentioning the warranties on the car, which can sometimes be a headache to fix alone. Peace of mind is invaluable IMO.

I feel a bit regretful about buying a little used, but the price and mileage were just too good to pass up at the time lol. Being a student, things were getting time critical lol.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Every time I read these type threads I relish in the fact that I got my 08GT500 with only 3800mi. on it for less than most base GT's on the lots.

Puts a HUGE smile on my face!

P.S. I also bought a Ford Extended warranty plan even though the time part went out on my factory warranty so I'm all covered there too!
Bought the best ESP Ford has!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I don't know. I'm actually pretty upset that the resale value of the 05-09's is so low. $32k car that is now probably worth about $12k. That's pathetic... but means I'm not going to sell it ever. lol.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Menace
I don't know. I'm actually pretty upset that the resale value of the 05-09's is so low. $32k car that is now probably worth about $12k. That's pathetic... but means I'm not going to sell it ever. lol.
My 06GT with 50k got me 14.5k.
Not bad.

Remember also... if a car DOES become a classic it goes down in value for a good while before going up.

I got the GT500 well below what ANY one in good shape with such low mi.
was going that I had EVER seen. Just lucky.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

I wonder what onegoal's thoughts on this topic might be.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
I wonder what onegoal's thoughts on this topic might be.

Please don't encourage him lol!

Seriously though.... don't encourage that guy.
His typing alone is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
I hate that guy's posts.

It's all bitching about what his parents wont get him.
I swear the kid thinks he's royalty.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 AM
rmagni

Did I pay to much for both my Mustangs? Don't know what someone else considers a good deal. Did my wife and I get the car's we wanted? Oh yeah, and we enjoy the hell out of both of them!
Robert
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Advertised and MSRP are for wusses.
Exactly, not to mention the smacked a**es that pay over msrp !!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:42 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I think the prices that you've quoted are beyond the norm. A used 2010 GT can be had for about $20k-$24k in my neck of the woods. But that's the haggled price, NOT the advertised price. Advertised and MSRP are for wusses.
unless you buy a boss, then msrp is actually about as good as it gets.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
my 08 GT I bought with 7900 miles on it from a dealership used in Aug of 09 for 20,995. Took it to the Ford dealer 2 weeks ago with 24,600 on it and they bought it for exactly what I paid for it....20,995.

The best deals I found, if not through a private seller, is buying used from a car dealer that doesnt sell the make of the car you want. I.E. I bought my Mustang from a Dodge dealership. Since most people dont go to a dodge dealership looking for a Ford, they did have it for awhile and sold it to me for 1k under wholesale.

I have had quite a few friends do this since I told them to try it, and all have had pretty similar results, especially if a dealership has more then one.

Quick Reply: Price of new and used mustangs rediculous!