Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need supercharging help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 02:03 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I will tell you one thing for sure. Throwing cams at your car and calling it a day will not be enough. Cams are cool but no way are they ever gonna satisfy your need for power. If you really want a supercharger then dont settle for anything less. Save your money, you will be happy you did.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I will tell you one thing for sure. Throwing cams at your car and calling it a day will not be enough. Cams are cool but no way are they ever gonna satisfy your need for power. If you really want a supercharger then dont settle for anything less. Save your money, you will be happy you did.
o0o trust me I know they wont satisfy my need for power lol. I'm 17 and already addicted to big horsepower . If I dont get a blower I am going to just keep my car as is (maybe cams) until 2013 when the new shelby with the 6.1L comes out than sell my 93 fox and trade my 2010 in. This is all if everything goes well ofcoarse, but I would love to have the blower now.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

wow, I had no idea you were so young lol

You sure you want 500+whp so soon?

By setting the standard so high now.. every other "normal" car you drive afterwards will be considered slow in comparison rofl

EDIT: I have to wait until Monday morning to see if they can even special order me the 2012 Dodge Charger RT/AWD 5.7 that I want to get. They have a few but they're all RED! lulz
Nothing against red, but I want a black one.

I haven't been in the new car market in a while, but wow.. so many useless gadgets to drive the price up it's not even funny.. heated/cooled cup holders, push start, 4 door keyless entry, little lights on the side mirrors for cars in your blind spot, back up sensors, cruise control with front sensor, 8 inch lcd touch screen with navi and full media access etc.

umm.. I really don't need all that crap. Gonna try very hard to get a stripped down version.

Honestly, I'd trade all those gadgets for a 3.73 or 3.90 front/rear differential...

AWD
cloth seats
base rims (18s)
no sunroof, no bells or whistles... shoot, I don't even want a stereo system. I can install a better one myself rofl

Then it's time for a Magnacharger M2300 savings fund rofl

Last edited by stealth_GT; 06-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:20 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thats my only fear lol what do I upgrade to after I had 500hp for so long. All jokes aside though I just drove my moms rental 2012 focus and I LOVED driving it. It was a nice break from driving the stang especially that everything didnt feel so damn harsh and I didnt have to avoid every little **** on the road.

Let me know how everything goes with the dealer. I really want a centri but if the winter "issue" is really and issue I dont seem to have many options. Reason I wanted a centri is because its not always in boost and since its my DD its less stress on the motor. So damn confusing, why can vortech make a solution for the damn problem
Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I forgot you were only 17. You have a fantastic car even more so for somebody your age. Save your cash and eventually you will have your SC. As far as models in the future.....you cant keep up. Car manufacturers will always having something new.

Stealth you getting a Hemi? What?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Thats my only fear lol what do I upgrade to after I had 500hp for so long. All jokes aside though I just drove my moms rental 2012 focus and I LOVED driving it. It was a nice break from driving the stang especially that everything didnt feel so damn harsh and I didnt have to avoid every little **** on the road.

Let me know how everything goes with the dealer. I really want a centri but if the winter "issue" is really and issue I dont seem to have many options. Reason I wanted a centri is because its not always in boost and since its my DD its less stress on the motor. So damn confusing, why can vortech make a solution for the damn problem
lol not everything is about sheer hp

I drive a lot of cars everyday and surprised by how well they drive. A 2011 Outback has so much usable torque, it had some nice get up and go for a 3.6 liter..

don't sweat the Vortech issue. If it dosen't work out, you can always get the new Magnacharger Mp1900 or the M90/500hp kit. Either kit will be a ton of power.

Originally Posted by 808muscle

Stealth you getting a Hemi? What?
Yup. I need something AWD, with a fat motor and automatic.

Evo 9/STi's are too small for my liking, the SHO is too old fartish', and I am just not an SUV/Truck guy. I figure, the 2012 Dodge Charger AWD/RT is the best compromise. It's surprising that such a large sedan can go 13.8/14.2 in the 1/4 mile lulz

I test drove one and it had a good amount of torque in the lower RPM, way more than even my V3/GT...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

I'd advise against the V3 in a DD in New York...just saying...V2 is similar as the engine oil is still too cold for the impellar upon startup...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I honestly dont want to take any chances. Its a FANTASTIC deal but I dont want to risk the deal/money because I have to drive my car through the winter. Say something happens when I have to leave for work or school or I'm at the mall, I'm basically **** out of luck.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I drive mine all year long, never had an issue is cold weather.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mdg
I drive mine all year long, never had an issue is cold weather.
Do you really live in southwest asia?

Quick Reply: need supercharging help