Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip in the mountains and pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Talking Road Trip in the mountains and pictures

Well, this weekend my wife and I took the car into the Colorado mountains, specifally Estes Park, home of the Stanley Hotel that the movie The Shining was filmed in.

Anyways, thought I'd post some good pictures of my car and chat about a story...

On the way back from the mountains, down the canyon, I see a brand new black Dodge Challenger SRT/T pull out right behind me. I was looking at his car in my rear view mirror and he was no doubt tailing me and trying to keep up with me thru the curves. As we hit the tighter curves he backed off while I powered thru the curves. I LOVE the way the car handles in a mountain canyon! His car looked very good...black car with chrome wheels.

Anyways, at the base of the canyon there is a passing lane and I KNEW he'd try to see what I had at that passing lane. I threw it into 2nd gear waited until he got beside and HAMMERED the pedal...so did he. I pulled on him right away and hit 3rd gear. When I hit 3rd gear I pulled on him even more and hit about 95mph. He was behind me the whole way.

As we got into town, he pulled up next to me and revved his engine...he DEFINALELY had an aftermarket exhaust on it; sounded very nice.

I am not sure what else he had done and how much an exhaust would help on those cars, but he had nothing on me, that's forsure! And, I am just a little stock 4.6L!

Then, as I continued into town a Mustang Bullet pulled up next to me...he was all stock, looked like automatic tranny, and didn't have a chance...I didn't want to drop it down to 2nd versus him because I figured I would have him but he gave me no choice . It was a fun little drop and run but I dusted him. I don't like to race other Mustangs but I had too much adrenaline to let him rev his engine and egg me on!

Anyways, here are some pictures from yesterday's little trip...made me apprecate my car even more! Overall, a VERY nice day...

Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Loving the Rockies. Was supposed to go to a show in the Canadian Rockies today but go figure, rain