Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Orlando drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan1718
...mine flaps up front while on the highway and annoys the hell out of me.
Not to jack the thread but you're experiencing the hood shake that many OE hoods exhibit. Turn the adjusters up about 1/8 -1/4 turn at a time on whichever side the hood is shaking and give it a test drive. Most folks have been able to remedy the shake. The real issue is due to the amount of air (hence the "lift") getting under the hood, primarily at the headlight areas.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

looks like you'll be getting a new better hood and perhaps a gt or something front end

but im sorry this happened, no matter how careful we are with our cars, it's always someone else who messes them up!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

LOL! Let her take you to court because your going win. There is a very good reason why she got cited and not you. Its called, "making an unsafe lane change" which I'm willing to bet is on her ticket. So you have already won before you even step into the court room. She thinks (as most drivers do that don't understand traffic laws) that since you hit her that your at fault and she is wrong.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by MadStang40

On top of the internship, class, and papers to write, now my tasks will include finding a lawyer, grabbing a rental car, and having an adjuster come out to look at it and get some estimates from some local shops. Great times.
All of this is a good thing actually, because if you play your cards right, you'll end up with a better looking car.
Better looking hood, CS front bumper etc...
I can help you with it.

Legally, this is how it's gonna play:

-She can't sue you personally, even if you were at fault.
That's why we have Insurance for.
-Since the police report says that she did an improper lane change and she got cited for, there is no case. Period!
Her Insurance will have to comply.
-You don't need estimate quotes from body shops unless we're dealing with a small Ins. Cie that don't have enough adjusters on the field.
In that case, you'll need 3 quotes from different shops and they will go with the cheaper one of course.

BTW, PM sent.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

Like Pascal said, it will not go to court of you and her have insurance. You file a claim with her company. They will take a look at it and pay you off because the evidence is already against her. Since nobody was hurt the claim is too small for them to bother with. If they try to lowball you, you can get your company involved. Who is her insurance company?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sorry to hear about that. I've lived in 6 different states and in at least 2 of those, 2 or 3 (or more) different areas. I honestly have to say that although drivers suck EVERYWHERE, the closer you are to a large metropolis the more aggressive and therefore worse the drivers are.

Good luck on the repairs.
I lived on the East cost a while back and been driving out West...
I can attest that people in Orlando drive worse than average metropolises.
I got myself taken out 3 times here.
Twice by morons running a light on me and once running a stop sign.
I hope it's over now.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks everyone for your condolences. I'm getting more pissed by the hour. I take pride in two things: my work and my car. My car is what I put most of my money into and a good deal of effort. Taking engineering classes, I don't have too much time to do much of anything else of enjoyment; working on my car is one of the very few things I can take joy in for the next two years. Although I'm sure that I don't have to preach to all of you about the level of enjoyment you get from working on your car...

The rental won't happen. Between class and work, I can't get in contact with most 9-5 places unless there's the off chance that there's a single soul staying in the office past 7PM... My mom is driving up with my brother and they'll be dropping off his '01 v6. Serious downgrade, but well appreciated.

As for the attorney, I'm just worried that the offending party will cause a major hooplah and try to get my insurance company to settle, causing my rates to go up which my parents pay for, which makes me think that a direct lawsuit enacted by me with the claim of property damage and emotional damage (I'm literally losing sleep and trying to not let my anger consume me at work), would ensure that that wouldn't happen. Life hasn't been too great to my family in the past few years so I've been covering my rent, food, and gas by working longer hours to try to limit the impact on their checkbooks.

I'm no expert with legal matters, so don't think I am. Past some car knowledge and some extensive and random info on engineering topics, I'm pretty dry.

As for the front bumper... a gt front or cobra front would be pretty sweet.... of course the difference between the v6 bumper and new one would cost a little. And about the hood, I'll probably keep it stock unless I see something I ABSOLUTELY need. Maybe this would be a great chance to finally get those clear corners (MeanStang08, feel free to jump in).

Pascal, I'll get to that PM. I've been talking with co workers about reputable shops in the area, I'll probably start making my way around Orlando on Friday (my sole day off).

Blacksmoke, I don't think I have the airbag issue. Last accident, the airbags went off just fine- knocked me silly for a couple seconds. Perhaps just the angle that I hit caused the airbags not to deploy...

Sorry for the short story everyone. I'm just venting and trying to keep my sanity. You have no idea how much my face has broken out so quickly due to this... I'm sure all of you who has had their baby wrecked before can understand. Myself, as stated before, am already up to wreck number 2. I need to get the **** out of city life.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eldo In The Weeds
Like Pascal said, it will not go to court of you and her have insurance. You file a claim with her company. They will take a look at it and pay you off because the evidence is already against her. Since nobody was hurt the claim is too small for them to bother with. If they try to lowball you, you can get your company involved. Who is her insurance company?
Geico. I won't get lowballed; I don't get mad often, but when I do it's two primary events. A hardly noticeable implosion followed by a violent explosion.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That really sucks, Mad.
Just try to think, are you doing everything you can for your situation? It sounds like you are doing what you can and more, then its your responsibility to calm down. You can help anyone if you are driving yourself crazy. I have anxiety attacks so that's what I have to do. Hope it helps.

Hope you can get some upgrades, and that woman doesn't have a case if that's any consolation.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Hope your insurance is good. I had a chic hit me with Geico (I have Country) and my agent said it took 3 months for Geico to pay up after a huge ordeal. Even though it was clearly her fault. And as for what they're gonna pay out, I know Country paid out $1,300 for just my STOCK hood. And the CS front was the same price as the GT front. I ended up with a TruFiber GTS-4 and a CS front. Looks much, much, much sexier!!! May want to shop around. And if Pascal is in your area, I know where I'd be taking it......

Quick Reply: Thank you Orlando drivers