Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBA's installed, Nice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Default JBA's installed, Nice!

I got the JBA Shorty egual leght headers installed today. The research I coducted prior to installing the JBA Shorty headers said that I would receive anywhere between 4 to 10 horses depending on the current mods I was running. Well, I must have got the full 10 horses with the shorties because she responds a whole lot nicer.

The olny irony is that the throaty sound has diminished somewhat at idle with the borla cat-backs. Other than that, she feels awsome and no regrets...
Old 09-03-2005, 12:35 AM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Default RE: JBA's installed, Nice!

Good to hear martin..I found the same situation..The headers actually made the exhaust slightly more quiet but gave it an overall better sound ..odd indeed
Old 09-03-2005, 03:48 AM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

I plan to get the JBA headers also. Did you install them yourself or did you pay to put them in. If you did the work, was it hard and how long did it take you? Any tricks we should know about?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:22 AM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

I've never regretted changing out the exhaust system in the GT. The sound is awesome as well as the performance. Now if I could figure out a way to get rid of the throttle lag, the car would be perfect.

Steve
Old 09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MSgt46270

I plan to get the JBA headers also. Did you install them yourself or did you pay to put them in. If you did the work, was it hard and how long did it take you? Any tricks we should know about?

I installed mine myself and it was a serious pain ...If you have access to a lift and good shop then it might be a little easier..If you can afford to, pay a reputable mechanic to do it..There are several tight spots to work through such as when removing the old manifolds, a couple of studs are in some very awkward spots..My advice for the do-it-yourselfers, be patient, take your time and get a buddy to help cause an extra set of hands will be very useful. I'll be happy to give any advice on my experience.

Kevin
Old 09-03-2005, 01:08 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

gianf:

Get a new 62mm throttle body to remove the lag. I hear they work quite well. Maybe a few extra horses (e.g., 5-10) as well as increase throttle response.

GW
Old 09-03-2005, 02:35 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCstanger

ORIGINAL: MSgt46270

I installed mine myself and it was a serious pain ...If you have access to a lift and good shop then it might be a little easier..If you can afford to, pay a reputable mechanic to do it..There are several tight spots to work through such as when removing the old manifolds, a couple of studs are in some very awkward spots..My advice for the do-it-yourselfers, be patient, take your time and get a buddy to help cause an extra set of hands will be very useful. I'll be happy to give any advice on my experience.

Kevin

Thank for the info.

Ed
Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Martin + SCstanger,
Did either of you get the new motor mounts and if not, are the headers hitting the frame at all?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Dave05GT, I had my mechanic do the work, but I helped out in the shop all day. The space between the headers and the frame are paper thin. At idle, the car is fine but when you hit the gas the headers are hitting.

I don't know if SCstanger is going through the same thing, but eventually I will have to order the motor mounts and have them installed. Its either that or remove the headers and bang the frame some to make space but they gave us way to much trouble to install there is no way I am going to remove them.

BTW, its by no way a one man project.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Hey SCstanger, did you ever get those dyno numbers????

Quick Reply: JBA's installed, Nice!