Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car alarm going off in the middle of the night

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Rainier

Unhappy Car alarm going off in the middle of the night

I just bought a 2008 GT Convertible last week and I absolutely love it. My neighbors not so much. Turns out the factory car alarm has been going off every night throughout the night. After the car is done honking the lights still flash, and then it starts honking again.

Our house is so well insulated I could not hear it, but the neighbors came over tonight very unhappy about the situation. Anyone experience something like this? I assume I'll be taking the car into Ford to get whatever is wrong fixed.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:02 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

LMAO ! Sorry for laughing man, but I just find that funny how it woke your neighbors. Maybe the stang knows they are ricer fans and wants to **** them off!

I have honestly never heard of the situation but is the car still under warranty? If so I would 100% take it in and not worry about anything as they have to fix it. Does the car have any aftermarket sound system, alarm or anything that has to do with electrical work?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Rainier

The car is just out of warranty but I will take it in anyway. There's no aftermarket electrical items. I would assume it's just a short or something somewhere... maybe something being affected by condensation. Hopefully it's not too much to fix. At this point I'd just be happy if it shut up!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 AM
caaraa
2nd Gear Member

That is good, love it.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:55 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Why dont you check the fuse. Pop out the owners manual and find which fuse it is, maybe your getting a short somewhere in that area. Taking it to the dealer is going to be costly depending on how they are (my local dealer is filled with a$$holes)
Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 AM
otbiker
1st Gear Member

If know this is not related to the Mustang, but... I had a Honda Accord that did this. Dealer installed a temp control box that monitored all alarm inputs. Turned out to be a bad trunk lid switch.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 AM
VTXFrank

On my 2011, if I leave the windows open even a little bit and a moth flies in, it will set off the alarm. If the windows are more than half way down, someone just walking by it will set it off. Have you, by any chance, been leaving your windows down?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Bensfoxbody

It may be mechanical but always be on the look out. An old neighbor of mine had a jeep and his was going off every night for a few days, he would go and check it then alarm it again. Then he got sick of going out there after a couple times and just disarmed it. He woke up the next morning with his soft top cut up and all his stuff gone.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If I accidentally forget to turn off the map lights my alarm will go off, maybe it's that...just throwing it out there. Look over all the interior lights.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:46 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bensfoxbody
It may be mechanical but always be on the look out. An old neighbor of mine had a jeep and his was going off every night for a few days, he would go and check it then alarm it again. Then he got sick of going out there after a couple times and just disarmed it. He woke up the next morning with his soft top cut up and all his stuff gone.
Now that is dedication...on the part of the thief, not so much your neighbor.

Quick Reply: Car alarm going off in the middle of the night