Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 06GT or my 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
1. You own a 2010 car that is still under the bumper to bumper 36k/3yr warranty. Cancel your current "extra warranty". It will get pro-rated and applied towards the loan. Not to mention that your current car has a 5yr/60k powertrain warranty.

2. Keep your current GAP coverage. You are upside down so bad that if you wreck, you're making payments on a chunk of metal in some salvage yard.

3. I suggest you talk to a financial councilor and figure out what you are doing before you take another step. I am a certified Navy Financial councilour and you are a classic example of a person being taken advantage of by the Dealership.

Quit talking to them in terms of payment and instead talk about total amount financed. They are drawing you in with a low # and pretty much it sounds like you are going to get boned over royally. That, and I did a little # crunching, and you numbers aren't making any sense. I think you should have them provide everything in paper, and then go home and use internet calculators to figure out what they are hiding.

As things sit now, I would save up $1-2,000. Cancel the powertrain warranty you bought. After that has been applied towards the loan, visit the bank and take hopefully $2,000 with you. Then you can try to re-finance for about $22-23,000 and take a traditional 5-6 yr loan. The $ per month would be roughly the same as right now, or slightly less, and you can pay off the car in a much quicker time period.

Don't trade down or out of this car. It will only make things worse for you long term. And you'll likely be financing about $30,000 for a old car that is worth 1/2 that
Thank you sir for taking the time to responsed...Sir part of the deal is they are giving me gap insurance, so i can cancel mine unless you mean just keep mine? And not take there's? Also the warranty covers the whole car for 100,000 mile or 6 year witch ever cones first, that check I would get back and pay off another loan I have with some money I saved up..and actually I am gonna look at te paper work see if anythig looks funny, and see what they would give me for my car and they new one, I'm gonna see what the deal is all about, I wish I had your number on stand by could I would deff call you !!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

please answer the following questions clearly and without using run-on sentences.

1. Does your current car have a warranty you purchased for it?
2. What is the mileage on your current car?
3. Does your current vehicle have GAP coverage?

as of right now, your current car came from the factory with a 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. It has a seperate 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
if you have a warranty you purchased, I would suggest you cancel that warranty. it's rather pointless in my opinion. Once canceled, the money will be refunded against the balance of the car loan.

that is a positive. less overall owed.

Another point to consider is that all warranties are pretty much 100% worthless unless they come directly from Ford. Aftermarket Warranty companies have 100 different ways to avoid paying for warranty claims.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
please answer the following questions clearly and without using run-on sentences.

1. Does your current car have a warranty you purchased for it?
2. What is the mileage on your current car?
3. Does your current vehicle have GAP coverage?

as of right now, your current car came from the factory with a 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. It has a seperate 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
if you have a warranty you purchased, I would suggest you cancel that warranty. it's rather pointless in my opinion. Once canceled, the money will be refunded against the balance of the car loan.

that is a positive. less overall owed.

Another point to consider is that all warranties are pretty much 100% worthless unless they come directly from Ford. Aftermarket Warranty companies have 100 different ways to avoid paying for warranty claims.
I have a 6 year/100,000 mile limited warranty" it is a certified pre owned...and I wrapped it it with the extended warranty making it bumper to bumper and yes the warranty is a ford warranty I think its called "ford ESP? Idunno I have the paperwork but its not a aftermarket one I paid like 1700 or somthin like that...I have 25k yes I do have gap insurance.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Frankly, I know this sounds rude and I appologize in advance. But you clearly should not be buying a car at this point in time. Your footing financially, and bargaining is not where it needs to be.

You need to sit down and learn how to buy a car. You are falling right into the typical Car Dealership trap. And you are happily leading yourself to getting fleeced for thousands of dollars. I recommend you visit your local bookstore and read a few car buying books. 1-2 hours of study will save you from years of grief.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

using the #'s you provided

7% interest
72 month note
$492 monthly payment

backtracking the #'s, that equates to financing $29,000 for a 2006 GT vert with 58,000 miles. That leaves you upside down on that particular car by I'm guessing around $15,000 dollars (most I'd ever consider paying for a 2006 is maybe $14,000 for one in perfect condition)

by buying that new car, you would be doubling your negative equity that you currently carry. enjoy the current car and I hope you are more careful next time
Old 07-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
I have a 6 year/100,000 mile limited warranty" it is a certified pre owned...and I wrapped it it with the extended warranty making it bumper to bumper and yes the warranty is a ford warranty I think its called "ford ESP? Idunno I have the paperwork but its not a aftermarket one I paid like 1700 or somthin like that...I have 25k yes I do have gap insurance.
One last comment, then I'm done hijacking this thread

cancel the Ford ESP you purchased. It doesn't even go into effect until your car hits the 3yr/36k point. There is a good chunk of money to lower your overal balance and reduce the negative equity you have. And the ESP is worthless in terms of actual use. It's a great product if needed. But you have a very reliable car and it has 2 factory warranties that are already in place to cover you.

alright, hope I helped. sorry if I came across strongly. seen too many people get screwed by pretty much this exact same situation
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

I would like to say thank you for your time, I see the where ur getting at im paying to much for this car, if I would buy it, what would be a good number out the door?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

7% for 72 months, holy crap. See if a credit union can give you a better rate.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:22 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Went to the dealer and I didn't Take the car, they was selling me the GT for 17,300 and giving me 18,150 my total was 25,789 with tax tags and gap insurance...but I said no, i was saying to him how i had the same car before just not a 4.6 and vert, but besides that its not exciting to me, plus the leather looked ripped and repaired and the coolant looked liken it was never replaced or somthing it was **** **** yellow like it looked bad lol i also said ok lets say i take the car and i want a different car year later cause im bored of it? ill be in worse situation as i am now he was trying to tell me ill be berried no matter what,they he was saying my car was is a plain Jane v6 , its a simple fact what u rather be barried in? "" he was saying to me lol At that point I was like thanks but no thanks...this was a chevy dealer also..so yeah I didn't do it, so I need way to try and catch up to the neg equity.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
I have always found that once a person develops a neg. equity in a vehicle, trading seems to put them in deeper. I suggest keeping the car you have a riding out the loan time.
Agreed. I hate to say it, but you are in a horrible spot Sky. Last thing you need to be thinking about is trading in on another car unless its one you can have no payments on.

Update. I thought it over more. You SERIOUSLY should not be looking into another car. You said you've got more money coming in. I suggest you either pay double or triple every month until its payed off.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 07-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! 06GT or my 2010