Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 06GT or my 2010

Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Agreed. I hate to say it, but you are in a horrible spot Sky. Last thing you need to be thinking about is trading in on another car unless its one you can have no payments on.

Update. I thought it over more. You SERIOUSLY should not be looking into another car. You said you've got more money coming in. I suggest you either pay double or triple every month until its payed off.
Yeah dude I walked away man, im gonna try and double the payments , that c6 is looking really good lol now should I really cancel the extended warranty? And throw it to a bill?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Yeah dude I walked away man, im gonna try and double the payments , that c6 is looking really good lol now should I really cancel the extended warranty? And throw it to a bill?
You said $1700 right? How many miles you got now? My 05gt had 75k on it driven hard and never had major issues. Only things I had were dead alternators (50/50 it was my fault) and clunky front suspension.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Jay Bird

Default Sell your car!

You can't afford it. You shouldn't even consider financing another car. Sell your current one, take the hit on your bad deal, go buy a $500 beater (yes there are such cars), save up all your extra cash, and pay off the debt. By that time you will have learned your lesson.

Never buy a new car they are one of the worst investments. Pay cash for used cars at least 18-24 months old. Let someone else pay for all the depreciation.

Car dealers are such crooks. Next time tell the guy you come to buy a car - not a payment.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:37 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
You said $1700 right? How many miles you got now? My 05gt had 75k on it driven hard and never had major issues. Only things I had were dead alternators (50/50 it was my fault) and clunky front suspension.
1200 for the warranty 1700 was the gap too, but they was giving me gap with then deal..I will never buy a car with out gap..but 25k
Old 07-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

1200 for the warranty 1700 was the gap too, but they was giving me gap with then deal..I will never buy a car with out gap..but 25k
I think gap is only needed when you owe more on the car than its worth. I know you are in that current situation, but you won't be forever.

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
You can't afford it. You shouldn't even consider financing another car. Sell your current one, take the hit on your bad deal, go buy a $500 beater (yes there are such cars), save up all your extra cash, and pay off the debt. By that time you will have learned your lesson.

Never buy a new car they are one of the worst investments. Pay cash for used cars at least 18-24 months old. Let someone else pay for all the depreciation.

Car dealers are such crooks. Next time tell the guy you come to buy a car - not a payment.
This is my first new car, had 5 before it. New is freaking awesome. Something like the new mustang is difficult to find used, it just came out. So your options are to either wait until more used ones are available, or try to find a deal on a new one.

My mom just bought a used 2010 S4, she wanted a particular color with the red interior so it took her several months to find one. She called dealers all over the US. One in Texas gave her a ring when one was coming off lease, she snatched it up.

Something else to consider is people aren't buying new cars as much, they're holding on to their current vehicles. This is causing a shortage on used vehicles as well as driving their prices up. I got my new mustang for the same price as an equally optioned used one if not a little less since I got 0% financing.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 07-16-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

FYI. there is no GAP insurance that will cover that large of a difference in loan to value. Read the fine print because you are getting scammed there as well.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Yeah Know it don't cover rolled over money.

I'll prolly just keep it for awhile maybe supercharge it idunno. Prolly Better off saving the money, and making more monthly payments.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:17 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
From my short stint in car sales (I'm too honest for that sort of thing!) I can honestly say that this an AMAZING point! Ignore the salesman when they try to spin it into a payment. It's a stupid sales tactic and a douchebag one at that! Educate yourself and do the math on your own. Don't buy in to what car salesman say. They are ALL full of ****.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
From my short stint in car sales (I'm too honest for that sort of thing!) I can honestly say that this an AMAZING point! Ignore the salesman when they try to spin it into a payment. It's a stupid sales tactic and a douchebag one at that! Educate yourself and do the math on your own. Don't buy in to what car salesman say. They are ALL full of ****.
Yeah dude I hear ya, that's why I walked away from it, but I need to figure out a way to get out of the negative equity , making more monthly payments is hard at this point but is prolly the only thing to do to get it down.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Yeah dude I hear ya, that's why I walked away from it, but I need to figure out a way to get out of the negative equity , making more monthly payments is hard at this point but is prolly the only thing to do to get it down.
Only thing you could do is buy a beater.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! 06GT or my 2010