Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FI Guys, care to post your gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:34 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by Roush05
I've actually watched several of yours. I have looked all over youtube for a s197 with vortech so I can get an idea of the idle sound as well as the in-car acceleration and your vids have some of both.

On the other side, I'm not very good with wiring, but that doesn't sound too hard.
so YOU're the one guy watchin my vids.. lol j/k

wow.. thanks.. I really do appreciate you watchin them

I've got a great one planned here today or tomorrow, found me a straight stretch of road and gonna try to do it inside and stabilized and have my Accelerometer hooked up and show the specs of the run.. if the rain holds out.. stay tuned..

which is a sort-of gauge which brings me back OT.. but it mounts like the radar detector on the glass.. i oughta hard-mount it in my center console..
Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Do me a favor please! Try and get a shot of the speedometer when you accelerate so I can get an idea of the difference between my car and yours as they stand right now. I haven't found a vortech s197 video with that kind of shot.

edit: I can tell you put time into editing those videos man. They look good.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Do me a favor please! Try and get a shot of the speedometer when you accelerate so I can get an idea of the difference between my car and yours as they stand right now. I haven't found a vortech s197 video with that kind of shot.

edit: I can tell you put time into editing those videos man. They look good.
thanks alot.. sometimes I feel like I over-edit some of them, I don't get alot of feedback on them, so every little bit helps.. even if its bad.. lol

and consider it done.. I was actually (believe it or not) going to shoot some video like this, I wanted to show off the speedo/tach & shift-light all at once, I should have my articulated camera mount arm tomorrow which will allow me to basically mount my camera anywhere inside the car.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

That sounds cool.I need something like that. Just send me a PM when you get it uploaded. I appreciate it!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

It gets hot here, and I haven't had any problems with the A/C since I installed the vent pods. They still allow the air to circulate, however, I would only do the middle ones. I like to be able to aim the side vents.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Gotcha. I live a little south of you so I know just what you mean about heat. what exactly is a wideband a/f as compared to a regular a/f gauge?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Hrm... I'm really going to have to think about which to install as far as the vent ones or dash ones. Like I said it might suck not being able to aim the vents, EVEN the middle ones in 100+ degree heat like EVERY day this summer has been here.

Meanstang, your shift **** looks hilarious lol! I love it!
Ok.. as far as gauges, I should get a boost gauge, and an A/F ratio gauge, fuel pressure, anything else?

Yeah good point... what is the difference between a wide band A/F gauge and a regular A/F gauge?

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-17-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Saleen dash pod with Wideband a/f and Boost/Vac plus
SOS 2-gauge pillar with EGT and fuel pressure (+ Raptor shift light).

Gauges are Autometer Nexus series.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I like the lighting and digital read outs of the A/F ratio those other brands have but I like the way they are on the dash of the Shelby.

I could get a Shelby gauge pod that is blank with holes drilled (they sell some), and fit those other brand gauges in them couldn't I?
Again the gauges I really need are the wide band A/F, Boost, and Oil pressure gauges right?

Aren't all A/F gauges wideband?

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-17-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

welp, I'm putting it together as part of a photography rig that is talked about in this thread, and I'll just be able to use the suction cups as a base for the arm inside.. little expensive, but hey, I'll be able to use them for more than just "one shot" (a little OT - but its your thread)

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ml#post7617550

arm http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00193W3Z2
suction cups http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O6EKTW
attachment clamps http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018LQVIA
then i'll have a pole for my rig... I have everything but the pole & arm (which will be here tomorrow)

I'm going to do a huge write-up thread for this when I get everything going.

but yeah, I'll send ya a PM when I get the video..

That sounds cool.I need something like that. Just send me a PM when you get it uploaded. I appreciate it!
Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Meanstang, your shift **** looks hilarious lol! I love it!
lol... thanks? Its a handcast / handmade Aluminum skull by a metal artist out in L.A. California called <HAM> its very comfortable and even being solid aluminum the short-throw Hurst Pro billet shifter centers it beautifully

Quick Reply: FI Guys, care to post your gauges?