Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody copying your style...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
wow, you've got bitchy neighbors!

I've left marks 50' long in my neighborhood from breaking the rear end loose on purpose (after my tune and CAI). I got a thumbs up and a big grin

Of course it helps that a number of people in my 'hood' have vettes, Beemers (M3, i135, 335is), and camaros...

Hey OP, is the persons car teh same color as yours?
I need to move to your neighborhood! I wouldn't mind the weather either!! And his car is yellow, so at least it's not white! HaHa
Old 07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by awsomeaussies206
I need to move to your neighborhood! I wouldn't mind the weather either!! And his car is yellow, so at least it's not white! HaHa
There was only one guy that ever got into trouble (police called an everything) from squirlling around in the neighborhood. He has a 67 or 68 Chevelle that runs something fierce. He had on several occassions taken it out in the neighborhood and drove like an **** for up to 30 minutes. Everything from doing over 50+ (in a 25) to coming around blind corners all sideways. Haven't heard the car at all since the cops knocked on his door a few months back.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Could be he wanted a Mustang with that hood and front end BEFORE you got yours and didn't have the money at the time.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Yeah he was mad! He jumped in his car and drove to my house before I barely made it out of my car. But I think I caught him by surprise when he realized I was a girl and then he mellowed out and was asking me a bunch of questions about my car. Since then he waves everytime I drive by. LOL Oh well it is what it is!!
Lol that is a bit obsessive, driving over just to tell you off...

You should really be proud of your car regardless of what others possess. You have a schweeet ride, and nobody with a bad knockoff can take title that from you lol.

The guy I was talking about would just wait outside his house and watch me drive up to my friends house and then run to the sidewalk/side street and start waving his arms in a retarded fashion to get my attention. After I stopped the first time, I learned to just keep on rolling past him. That really got him pissed lol.
The fact that I'm a teenage guy probably just increased his aggression level lol.

@Derf; DUDE, I need to live next to you lol! That sounds like a pretty chill place.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Yeah he was mad! He jumped in his car and drove to my house before I barely made it out of my car. But I think I caught him by surprise when he realized I was a girl and then he mellowed out and was asking me a bunch of questions about my car. Since then he waves everytime I drive by. LOL Oh well it is what it is!!
Wow, he actually drove to your house and reprimanded you! How old is this neighbor of yours?
Maybe he was trying to use it as an excuse to get a closer look at your Stang and set up his next mod list! LOL
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

What would you think if someone that lives just down the same street as you ends up with the same hood and gt500 front end? Would you mind? Normally I wouldn't care... I get idea's on this website and there are numerous people that have gt500 front ends on here also. But at the same time we all live hundreds of miles apart, if not more! So I'm a little weirded out that my neighbor, that I have to drive by everyday has the exact same front end and hood as me. Out of the hundreds of options you need to get the same as me? It's more funny than anything... but if he starts blacking out his lights and gets the same rims then that's pretty pathetic imo. lol Anyways I probably wrote this in the wrong section, but I just needed to vent!

Off topic, I live in Tacoma and have seen your car around...well, hell, maybe it was your neighbors! LOL! Anyways, awesome ride and love the work you've put into it.

On topic, meh, I might be a little annoyed. But then again, in my line of work, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So I enjoy knowing that others like my style enough to copy it. And there are enough unique things about my stang that make it stand out from those that are similar.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Back in 2002, my dad bought a 2000 Expedition, like new, Eddie Bauer edition, only one owner. A few months later, my uncle (one of my dad's older brothers) bought a 2000 Expedition. Then a few months later another uncle (his cousin) bought an Expedition as well. And then a few more months later, another one of my uncles bought an Expedition too!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by White05GT
Could be he wanted a Mustang with that hood and front end BEFORE you got yours and didn't have the money at the time.
I doubt it... I've had my front end for a few years now and he hasn't even had his Mustang for nearly a year yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Wow, he actually drove to your house and reprimanded you! How old is this neighbor of yours?
Maybe he was trying to use it as an excuse to get a closer look at your Stang and set up his next mod list! LOL
I think he's in his 30's. Haha maybe that was his plan all along!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:15 PM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
Off topic, I live in Tacoma and have seen your car around...well, hell, maybe it was your neighbors! LOL! Anyways, awesome ride and love the work you've put into it.

On topic, meh, I might be a little annoyed. But then again, in my line of work, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So I enjoy knowing that others like my style enough to copy it. And there are enough unique things about my stang that make it stand out from those that are similar.

Thanks! It diffenitly caught me by surprise when I seen his car this morning, but I'm not going to worry about it. The main reason it bothered me this morning is I've been wanting to enter in some car shows next summer and I don't know wether he's into that or not... but I want my car to stand out from the others. And we don't have many Mustang shows around this area, so when we do, they usually all show up! But again know biggie and at least he knows girls have good taste! lol

Quick Reply: Somebody copying your style...