Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Paint?
Leave them silver
90.91%
Paint them Black
9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Shelby Emblem Colors

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I reused my GT faux gas gap when I painted it and it worked out just fine.

The fact that people are letting you know of what is to come with these badges has nothing to do with our maturity level but rather experiences we've seen at swaps/shows/meets. While I think you're right that your car looks better than most shelby's it's still a mis-representation of a brand in a community of purists (ie Mustang enthusiasts).
Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I reused my GT faux gas gap when I painted it and it worked out just fine.

The fact that people are letting you know of what is to come with these badges has nothing to do with our maturity level but rather experiences we've seen at swaps/shows/meets. While I think you're right that your car looks better than most shelby's it's still a mis-representation of a brand in a community of purists (ie Mustang enthusiasts).

Looks good man I like the badge. It absolutely reflects on the persons maturity level, I mentioned I already read the hating threads and to save it but a person still feels the need to go on and flame they are 1 opinionated and 2 immature. My experience at shows is that guys who act like that are douche bags that I dont want around my car anyway. Maybe its a good way to weed out the idiots from the nice enthusiasts.

Like I said I love shelbys and the brand but I will never say a car like mellow yellows ride is misrepresenting the brand, you know why? Because to the average guy walking by he is representing the brand better than a stock GT500. You want to know what the worst representation of the brand is? Go look up a dodge shelby charger.

Last edited by simplexdesign; 07-29-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:36 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

LOL at the Dodge shelby charger!!!! Why would they ever do that!?

When it comes down to it, as long as you're happy with your choice that's all that matters. My comments soley came down to warnings of bs to come. I can see your point of the maturity issue when you put it that way. Hopefully you're not including me in that crowd. In the end you're driving a much nicer stang than most people that will give you flack about the badging anyway! lol
Old 07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
LOL at the Dodge shelby charger!!!! Why would they ever do that!?

When it comes down to it, as long as you're happy with your choice that's all that matters. My comments soley came down to warnings of bs to come. I can see your point of the maturity issue when you put it that way. Hopefully you're not including me in that crowd. In the end you're driving a much nicer stang than most people that will give you flack about the badging anyway! lol

lol idk what shelby was thinking in those days.

I know your comments were more warnings rather than bashing so I dont put you in that crowd. In fact most real mustang enthusiasts are rather nice people but the cheaper these cars become the more young crowd they attract and in turn the more bashing that comes around. Thanks for the compliments man, enjoy your ride.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Nevermind the naysaying man. Your car, your money. You wouldn't believe the number of purists I've pissed off with what I've done to my Bullitt
Originally Posted by simplexdesign
the cheaper these cars become the more young crowd they attract and in turn the more bashing that comes around
yep, it's relatively nice in the forums at first when you have a new car version. Their too expensive for most of the younger crowd, so you get to avoid alot of the BS. As the line ages, the overall maturity level drops. This section of MF was a pretty good area for a few years, but lately it's just degenerated.
I saw this happen here on MF back in the day when I had my SN95 and my New Edge. And can see it happening now here in the S197 area.

luckily alot of good guys are still here in the forums
Old 07-30-2011, 01:28 AM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
Nevermind the naysaying man. Your car, your money. You wouldn't believe the number of purists I've pissed off with what I've done to my Bullitt

yep, it's relatively nice in the forums at first when you have a new car version. Their too expensive for most of the younger crowd, so you get to avoid alot of the BS. As the line ages, the overall maturity level drops. This section of MF was a pretty good area for a few years, but lately it's just degenerated.
I saw this happen here on MF back in the day when I had my SN95 and my New Edge. And can see it happening now here in the S197 area.

luckily alot of good guys are still here in the forums

You hit the nail on the head. Good luck with your car and ignoring the idiots.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Wait, nobody talks crap about Mellows or Cutterwolf's cars(both sweet rides). Both have Snakes. Yeah I know the general public probably think they are GT500's. If he had a GT500 clone with his mods, nobody would be saying ****. Bottom line, let the haters hate.

Last edited by X3xMONGOOSEx3X; 07-30-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:38 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i say put them on the way they are. Blacking out the fender snacks would defeat the purpose. The rear faux cap would look cool in flat black but is probably a bitch to paint.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

I just realized I never put up any photos after I decided to leave them as is. Here are two I took over the weekend.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
I just realized I never put up any photos after I decided to leave them as is. Here are two I took over the weekend.

Hey man.. nice looking ride. Are you still thinking about grabbing a GT5 sometime soon or no?

Quick Reply: Shelby Emblem Colors