Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 hate

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default V6 hate

So maybe it's just that I frequent a few forums and watch a ton of youtube vids in my spare time, but to me it seems that the "why did you buy a v6, idiot?" kind of attitude is increasing. Believe me, if I could have a v8, I'd grab one. So I can't tell who it is who makes the hateful comments? Is it the 20 something who has a job but hasn't grown up yet? Or is it the snobby kid down the street who was given a brand new v8 for his sweet 16? Perhaps a young guy who has an older v8 model that was essentially the same price as a new v6? An older die hard muscle enthusiast?

Opinions? Have you come across this often? Or am I just blowing something out of proportion?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you're taking it too personal.

its like a GT and a GT500. why dont you get a GT500 instead of modding your GT?
bc i cant afford it.

i'm sure when you can afford a GT you will get one. in the mean time enjoy your Mustang.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Blue_steel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Opinions? Have you come across this often? Or am I just blowing something out of proportion?
Not overreacting and it seems like more people are doing it too.I would suspect it's from kids who don't have their own cars
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

I get it at school from kiss with truck and I was like when we pull off who's your bitch looking at? Oh yea me. One kod in particular has a bro with an 11 v8 and said my cars a puss blah blah. I said let's racing just to shut you the hell up before I hit you so we line up about 30 and o floor it. He missed the shift and then stalled out so all in all I won cuz he sucks at driving and now all I have to say of he says my cars a puss I say you drive like a puss and while your driving like a puss I'm getting some puss

Disclaimer I'm not a douche but this kid is super arrogant and has nothing to be arrogant about. He drive a 4 cylinder so if my cars a puss his is????? He's also a compulsive liar but its okay

So no wade, is it okay if I call you that? I notice it too and its annoyong
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Its a muscle car thing. V8s belong in them etc etc etc. Whatever you are happy having just enjoy it and ignore all the haters
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

The majority of those comments come from people that don't even own a Mustang.
Unfortunately, the V6 Mustang has a long history of being an underperforming, underachieving car--and alot of people know it; so they poke fun at the easy target. Sure they can be made fast, but finally Ford released a respectable V6 when the 3.7 debuted in the Mustang.

As long as YOU like your car, that's all that matters. The haters aren't making your car payments, so screw them and their opinion.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I noticed it when I had a V6...but it didn't bother me. Just be humble about it...most people do it because they are jealous of what you have.

If you wanted the fastest car in school, you could have gotten a POS Honda, dropped some mods in, and added some Nitrous, bam, instant fast car, that also looks like it always did, awful.

Is a GT nicer than a V6? Yes, it is. I've had both. I was very partial to my V6 too, since it was my first car, but the GT is a better, faster vehicle. But it doesn't matter...you get what you can afford, and at least you have a Mustang. One day maybe you'll have a GT, or a GT500...you never know.

When that day comes though, remain humble...no need to talk trash to V6 owners, or get defensive when someone talks **** about their Corvette or GT500...you never know where someone else comes from...what they can afford, how much love and work they've put into whatever they are driving. The whole "my dick is bigger than yours" battle was old before it ever started...but yet it goes on and on and on...pardon the language, but that's how I've always seen it.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

I get it all the time with my car, it is not that I can not afford a GT. I just wanted a v6 with the glass roof, rear view camera, and nav system. Instead of paying the extra cash for the GT, I am making my car the way I want it to be.
My brother has a corvette and rags on me all the time, he thinks he is getting at me but really it doesn't. When you get a GT that wants to race you and your v6 can keep up or even beat him, it will give you satisfaction.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I get it from people who generally want to see me get angry. It's just like any other material object in life, the stranger down the street will want to compare sq. footage/garage space, etc. So with the v6 mustang people like to say things like, "your car has all the bad traits of a muscle car, without the one good thing- v8 torque."

I've been seeing WAAY increased 4.0 hate lately but meh, it's expected- and the ones that DO have something thoughtless (re: spineless) to say, usually don't have enough of my respect to be acknowledged.

What HT said in his last paragraph is GOLD. You will one day move on to a v8/FI/or some other newer better platform. But remembering your roots is what makes your new ride all that more special- and you all the more honorable.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 08-02-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I don't put too much stock into youtube vid quotes, I don't think there is anything wrong with owning a V6. Drive what you can afford in this awesome economy, plus most of those terds on youtube probably are rocking the likes of a 91 Celica or something.

Quick Reply: V6 hate