Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMFG SOMEONE HELP WITH TUNING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I am installing the pump myself so I am going to save a few hundred right there. I spoke to JDM and Jim told me the tune doesnt need to be revised, but he does want me to get to a dyno asap after installing to check and make sure everything is where it should be (a/f, duty cycle, fuel pressure). If I honestly dont like the JDM tune once I have it dynoed at Krazy house and JDM doesnt want to revise it, I will just have Krazy house tune it while its on their dyno already.

I have an appointment for JDM on Sept. 13 for a dyno tune, but I also want the car to last until than with no problems so I just hope JDM's email tune is 100% good and if not they look to adjust it. JDM only tunes for the gt500 pumps and with their rep in the mustang scene this is why I am getting the gt500 pumps, so I can have it tuned by THEM.

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 08-05-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Good plan. Install the pumps yourself and have Krazy check the current tune. I would be surprised if the tune is not very good. JDM is blown mustangs......they know their sh*t! Just dont got WOT until all is cleared safe.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I just find it odd that JDM doesnt want to retune for the gt500 fuel pumps, but like you said JDM knows their **** especially with the 4.6l and roush blowers. I just hope its ok for the 30 min drive to krazy house, and I already know to stay out of boost. I am also going to try and keep it under 3k rpm at all times. I was considering having a closer shop just dyno check it, but I figure if I dont like the way it looks I can just have Krazy house tune it right there.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

JDM and KB hate each other with a passion. Long standing feud between the two I read about a few years back. I cant say for sure but it's a good bet thats why they wont tune for the BAP.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Grabber I was going to chime in, but got to the party late....LOL. Sounds like you have a good plan. Follow thru with it & def double check everything on the dyno!

PS I had a similar expirience in my 90 with the blower. My Vortec kit came with an FMU & my local tuner did not want to tune it that way. He called the FMU 80's technology...LOL. So I stepped up to 42lb injectors & a bigger fuel pump. Never had a problem in 4 + years & yes I did dyno the 90 at the same time (the 08 is dyno tuned as well).
Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I think I am going to do as I said. Just install the gt500 pumps and have jdm's tune checked. If anything I also have the option to get the air/fuel where I want (11.6 would be nice) it by adding or removing 2%,4%,or 6% fuel at WOT from the SCT (I will obviously ask Jim first lol). If I feel the tune is not how I want it and JDM is doing what they are doing now and saying its fine, I will just have Krazy House, who uses Jimmy Larocca to tune the stangs, tune it and get everything running the way it should.

Mike - Yeah I believe this is the reason too. They wont say it, but Jim Jr. did say "if you install your going to have to deal with my fathers rant lol".

Vader - Its never to late man, any help is great!!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:26 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
They wont say it, but Jim Jr. did say "if you install your going to have to deal with my fathers rant lol".
Oh so true
Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

ziper have you've dealt with JDM I'm assuming lol?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have read about that feud too. LOL Grabber you should have plenty of confidence in your current JDM tune. Jim Jr wanted me to datalog after I uploaded their tune as well. That was in November. I didnt get around to datalog until April. I did 20 runs down the track before JDM ever saw my info. Just take it easy, no WOT and you will be fine. Drive the 30 miles to Krazy, its ok. I know you want to be careful, just dont be paranoid, you have one of the best email tunes for your car loaded in. Its not like you have Dirty Moes Speed Shop out of Phengerbang Arkansas tune in there! LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I have read about that feud too. LOL Grabber you should have plenty of confidence in your current JDM tune. Jim Jr wanted me to datalog after I uploaded their tune as well. That was in November. I didnt get around to datalog until April. I did 20 runs down the track before JDM ever saw my info. Just take it easy, no WOT and you will be fine. Drive the 30 miles to Krazy, its ok. I know you want to be careful, just dont be paranoid, you have one of the best email tunes for your car loaded in. Its not like you have Dirty Moes Speed Shop out of Phengerbang Arkansas tune in there! LOL
LOL too funny

Quick Reply: OMFG SOMEONE HELP WITH TUNING!!!!