Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
OMFG I AM SO PISSED!!!

For starters...let's stop posting in all caps and acting like the world is ending because your having tune problems.

Then, maybe it will make people more inclined to help you and converse like adults.
Wow! I understand what you're saying, but take it easy on him, LOL. He's a young dude and just worried that he's gonna do harm to his car, and anxious at the same time to go have some fun. I get it! He's just frustrated, whatever, help him out. Hell, I wish these forums were around when I was having troubles back in the day. Instead, I just had drywall with wrench and hammer holes!! LOL
Old 08-14-2011, 09:22 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

hell if I had your car and was too scared to take it out faster than 80, I'd be freaking out quite a bit more.
I don't know too much about what's going on but I'd say go with the Dyno tune as-well.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

HT sorry man if I honestly bothered you that much. I'm 18 and dont really feel like ruining my $34k car because of a bad tune. I cant imagine the agony of having a ruined motor because of any of this. I am pretty sure Chris Rose still tunes at Tillman Speed and if he does I am 90% going to take the car there. I have the other place Krazy House customs, where Jimmy Larocca now tunes, but Tillman has been in business for plenty of years and have dealt with more blown stangs and the gt500 fuel system.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

But JDM is also 30 mins away from me which a lot of people dont have. Should I just stick with their email tune for now, not beat on it, and just wait until sept. 15 for me to get a dyno tune from them?

Or just ditch JDM and go with a dyno tune from Tillman Speed?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:13 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

If its bothering you that much as it seems to be I would just go with Tillman and get it over with!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I am surprised you went with another email tune. I though you were gonna have krazy check your JDM email tune after you got your gt500 pumps in? For you to have peace of mind you really need a dyno check/tune. And it needs to be from a tuner thats good with the auto trans. If that means waiting till Sept for JDM thats what I would do. Just take it easy till then.

A wideband is a great tool to see if your lean or rich. I cant imagine having a blower without one IMO.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Redfire I know what your saying, but 808 does have a good point. I used to have an AM/BAMA tune and HATED the trans tune once I uploaded my JDM tune and felt what a good trans tune is like. I like the way the JDM tune shifts at 2500rpm during normal driving and does just look to shoot into O/D asap like my bama tune did. I mean I am sure I can ask Tillman to make my shift points like JDM's, and I can also just go with Tillman for now and say I buy more HP mods over the winter just install them and have JDM tune the car than.

808- The reason I didnt have it check was because JDM said I didnt need an updated tune for the gt500 pumps because their tunes are already set up for the gt500 system even if you dont have it (doesnt hurt anything they said).

Right now I am happy with my mods and just looking to get a safe tune so I can enjoy the car.

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 08-14-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I just read a ton of good things about Tillman speed on some other forums with people who have m90 blowers and even some with the smaller pullies. Many said that Chris Rose @ Tillman is up there with some of the top tuners including JDM and VMP. I just left a message for Chris Tillman who I spoke to last week, so hopefully he could set me up ASAP and I can get this thing running how it should. I will absolutely let you guys know how everything goes. Hope to hear from him in the morning!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

No no no...I came off a bit harsh. Sorry about that. I understand the frustration...just a bit over the top on how you word it. The actual body of the post was fine too, it would just be easier to comprehend if the title was actually relative to the post. It's just like the world is ending in the thread title list, and then I get in here and it's just a un-cooperative tune.

I definitely understand the passion everyone here has for their cars, and I don't mean to sound like a *****, just got a bit riled up. Sorry about that. I think I managed to get the point across though haha.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Lol not a problem man atleast you handled it maturely. I honestly am just fed up with everything with this car cause literally NOTHING goes smoothly with this car, except for my header install. I'm not ranting, just wish things would go easy for once with this car especially when it has to deal with my motors health. I too got a riled up when writing this thread, but just sick of all this email tune crap. It may work for some who get great results, but I dont like the fact that JDM doesnt want to datalog and make sure everything is ok, just cause I'm local and have an appointment in a month for a dyno tune.

Quick Reply: I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!