Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd buzz from the center console

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Clonefan94

Wow, new one today. Similar sound, so that's why I posted here.

Love how the car drives, hate the rattles. Seems like every 2 months a new rattle comes around. Getting to be a real pain the butt too considering this is my only car and the dealer won't look at it on Saturday. So now it's costing me money to deal with these non-stop issues because I'm out of rental credits.

This one is a "buzz"/rattle coming from the center console during acceleration. It comes and goes, but I locked down the cause this morning when I noticed it only happens when I listen to a CD. Weather or not I eject the CD or stop it, the noise persists until I shut off the car and then restart.

2012 Mustang V6 convertible.
Problems so far:

- Bad weld and paint on interior of trunk decklid. Fixed.

- Clunking in front suspension when going at slow speeds on bumpy roads/RR tracks. Dealer looked at, said they can't find anything.

- right rear window rattle - Fixed - but the dealer broke the interior quarter panel and didn't tell me - getting fixed.

- left rear quater panel rattle - I temporarily fixed this, by stuffing black hand towel in between seat and quater panel - dealer will look at when they replace the other quarter panel.

- And now the buzz that comes on acceleration when listening to CDs.

I am honestly blown away by the poor quality and workmanship that seems to have gone into this car. I've only had it for 5 and a half months and it seems about 1 a month I get a new issue, rattle, squeak or clunk. I'm at a point now where I don't even like getting into it and driving it because I'm just waiting for the next noise to pop up.

I'll admit I'm hypervigilant when it comes to noises in my car, but none the less, they weren't there when I bought it, so they shouldn't be there now. I have a '69 convertible I've owned for almost 25 years. It makes less noise than this car.

I'm taking it in tomorrow, hopefully the dealer can find the issues. Usually though, they like to fix the one thing and tell me to bring it back to fix another.