Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seriously WTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default seriously WTF

Ok so I have had this ticking/hissing sound once the car warms up that I believed to be an exhaust leak coming from my pypes header gaskets, or something in that area. Today I decided to change my oil (castrol syntec 5w20 & motorcraft filter) and now once the car warms up fully after driving, it doesnt make the sound anymore..... It just sounds like normal headers without the ticking/hissing sound that was coming from the driver side right next to the wheel.

Any guesses?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:03 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Grabber, now dont take this wrong because I am serious and care. How can you enjoy your amazing hotrod when your overly worried about so many things all the time? If you mod a car especially heavily mod it like we have,you cant be worried about sh*t going wrong all the time. If you do, you can never enjoy what you have put together. Your car is fine, go drive it and burn some rubber. I have over 50 runs down the track with mine and we have the same tuner. No issues dude. Your car is fine, relax.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

lol 808 your not the first one to tell me this. My gf bitches at me that im just paranoid but trust me when I was pulling into school yesterday the ticking was pretty loud. Who knows maybe the car likes Castrol oil better... I really want to enjoy the car 10x more but just want to verify everything is safe when JDM dynos it. I think what really bothers me and makes me so paranoid is that my parents would KILL me if something ever happend to the $36k car they bought me (even though my father enjoyed the s/c install lol) and I would feel like **** if I ever did ruin it. BELIEVE ME ALL I WANT TO DO IS, AS JIM JR WOULD SAY, "BEAT THE ***** OUT OF IT" lol
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Did you double check that you put enough oil in? LOL

Your car is fine and your parents should smack the sh*t out of you if you blow up the car........but it aint gonna blow up. The m90 is prolly the safest blower out there. It only produces so much boost. I flog the sh*t out of my car at the track and it responds with great consistant times everytime. I have two first place trophies to back that up and was .03 of getting a third this past month. Enjoy your ride and worry about your grades or something else.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

LOL im sure they would, but I dont plan on blowing it up. I'm done with mods until I get a DD and instead of upgrading something else I am going to start making/helping with the payments on the car.

Congrats on all the tropies and awards!!!! I would love to track mine but the parents wont let me lol

Only other thing I am doing to the car is removing the headers and putting the stock manifolds in with an o/r x pipe, and using the stock catted h pipe for inspection purposes only. I figure its 10000000x times easier to swap out a mid pipe once a year than it is to remove headers since there is a huge chance I will get a CEL with high flow cats. NY is strict with inspection and its only getting worse, so I would rather do it once and get it over with.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

throw some Amsoil in there and see how she runs
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Dude you're 18 you have a car that I didn't have till I was 27 and I'm sure you live your life through it, a little tick here and there is going to happen, I was the same way when I had the m90 set up on my old car. Nothing is going to blow up........relax.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 09-01-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

It's those damn terrorists coming after your M90
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Grabber, I say there is nothing wrong with being paranoid.
Hell, look at my nickname under my sig haha!
I really don't care I am known for that. In fact, I take pride in it.
I am one of those people who want to know for DAMN sure my car
is at 100%, and nothing is at risk.

I think being paranoid is much better than being one of those who don't worry about anything. Ticking could be something OR could be nothing.
If you don't want to be worried about that noise and want piece of mind, I say take it to your tuner to let him investigate the noise.

Nothing wrong with having that done and it will give you peace of mind.
Some people might not agree with me but I really don't care. Not trying to be rude or anything but when we went and spent good money on something we put so much value into, we made a commitment to ALWAYS MAKE SURE it was performing at top notch level and had no problems. It is being responsible. That's all.

Now if you took your car in every time you ran your AC and noticed some water dripping from under your car, that would be another issue all together. That is what I would call paranoid. I think you just want to make certain everything is always on the up and up. And since no one here has told you exactly what the ticking noise is, and you have not always had the issue, I'd personally say getting it checked out just to be on the safe side would be not only be a good idea, but a good practice in responsibility in making sure your car was always running at optimum performance with nothing causing it to perhaps have problems down the road.

Truth of the matter is this:
Mods can cause all sorts of little things to happen that you don't want happening.
Ticking CAN mean a problem with the car. I say bring it in and get that problem ruled out so you don't have to
hassle with the worry anymore.
For the peace of mind alone, I'd say take it in.
No shame in it. Pay a couple of bucks to bring it in for a check up.

Let them go over it and make sure everything is hunky-dory, for the peace of mind... and the knowing that you care about what what you and your family have worked hard for.
Peace brotha. I always say responsibility comes BEFORE the fun when it comes to your vehicle. NO MATTER WHAT.
END OF STORY.

Happy, fun, and responsible modding along with enjoying your car to ya my friend!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-01-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:24 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
It's those damn terrorists coming after your M90

Yup....

Quick Reply: seriously WTF