Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extreme Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Default Extreme Mods

Alright lets start this. Last Friday night (september 16th) I was on my way to see a friend's band practice, when only two miles from my home a deer runs out in front of me and bam. In the back of my mind I know I'm getting new mods...Haha. Here are pictures of the incident:

My first estimate was from a local body shop the next morning, the guy did a horrible job and gave me a final price of $2400. Well with a $500 deductable that leaves me only $1900...no. I went to the Allstate Collision place today and the guy there estimated the damage at $3000, leaving me around $2500 for repairs. Long story short, I HAVE to get the repairs done at a Body shop, I can't just go do them myself. The reason is because I don't have the car paid off yet... So I start calling body shops and they give me this BS about how aftermarket parts usually don't fit blah blah blah well I finally find a place down in Charlotte...Maaco. The guy there said he could purchase the parts and install them and even get me the OEM parts I orignally needed such as a driver's side headlight, etc. So here is my list:

Saleen S281 Front Fascia Kit (Bumper and Grille), Cervini's 2.5" Cowl Hood, Mustang Smoked Side Markers (Front and Back), Wide Super Snake Style Mattle Black Stripe.

I should have everything figured out by this weekend. I need to talk to the Maaco guy in person to clarify everything and the parts should be purchased by the end of this week. This thread will probably die down over the week I'm waiting, but I'll be enjoying my rental car in the mean time. Pictures will be posted of the final product, it should look super sexy and very mean!

Last edited by markkk; 09-20-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Sounds like a great part list, but Maaco?
Don't they have a really bad reputation for paint quality?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Sounds like a great part list, but Maaco?
Don't they have a really bad reputation for paint quality?
I'll make sure it gets done right, trust me. And do I really have any other choice?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
AZWHITEGT09

Maaco used to be known for shady paint work but a member of the mustang club I belong to just had his whole car painted and other than a small runny spot on the side skirt it looks amazing. He chose the top tier level paint and to have his whole car painted in 3 days for $1000 is amazing.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

haha ive decided since I can't trust any joe blow like maaco, I'm just going to get the oem parts put on them sell them on ebay and my dad will help me buy the aftermarket things, should makeup the difference since theyre going to be all brand new parts
Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Why can't you just buy the parts then have them painted and install yourself?
Don't listen to the shops, they can't say how to spend your money.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Why can't you just buy the parts then have them painted and install yourself?
Don't listen to the shops, they can't say how to spend your money.
my insurance pays the shop not me, i only have to pay a 500 dollar deductable. they can't just cut me a check to go spend because the car isn't paid off yet
Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I don't get it, my brother's Tahoe wasn't paid off when he had his wreck but they gave him a check. He didn't get the damage fixed, but still got the money.

If you tell the shop what you want, they can't really go against it.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I don't get it, my brother's Tahoe wasn't paid off when he had his wreck but they gave him a check. He didn't get the damage fixed, but still got the money.

If you tell the shop what you want, they can't really go against it.
Different ins companies might have different policies.I know my ins company will not give me a check.The check goes to the shop that they approve to do the work.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Good luck Mark! I can't wait to see the 2.5" cowl

I've got to agree with the Maaco is chit comments. At least the one I went to in order to have my side louvers painted originally, took them 3 tries (each time they told me it was done and I went down to shop). One time had horrible runs, the next had fish eyes, and the last time the paint wasn't blended properly. Maybe that's just one bad shop in FL, but that's enough to make me never ever go back.

Quick Reply: Extreme Mods