Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaking While Braking.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I think I have the same problem, but definitely not as bad. I did have a "panic stop" from a fast speed though so thats probably why
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

I dropped it off at the dealer a couple hours ago and they said they'll look at it today. Ill give them a call later. I just picked the car up from them last friday so the repair will be covered under some kind of warranty.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:12 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

If its covered under warranty than I need to bring mine in. I only have 15k miles so for my rotors to be warped there has to be something wrong. I've had the car since new and only had that one "panic stop".

Let me know how everything goes, also which dealer are you using in NJ? I bought my car from All American but their service department is beyond HORRIBLE
Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi Gan6660,

The best way to determine why your Mustang is shaking & pulling is to have your local dealer diagnose it. The repair may still be covered under warranty, so go ahead and take it in.

~Natasha
Side note, what would be awesome would be a review system based on service experiences with dealerships. Right now Ford is great about asking customer opinions on the sales experience, but I think what would be more important is the after purchase service reputation. You could easily incentivize good behavior of service departments. Better yet, also make the info public so that Ford Customers will go to dealerships that actually treat the customers right.

If there's anything that could set one company apart from the rest in the auto industry, it's the post-sales service. The auto industry is notorious for it's crap-tastic service.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Warped rotors would not normally be covered under warranty unless it was caused by say a sticking caliper (read the fine print of your warranty coverage) Pads, rotors, drums are considered wear items.

You will probably need the rotors turned. I would recommend asking if your dealer has a Procut machine that turns the rotors while they are on the car. WAY better than bench turning. Cost is about $90 to have the dealer do it with that machine.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

As for the warranty issue, I asked the person at the desk if there would be any charge and the reaction was like "god, I hope not you just bought it last week and don't even have the plates yet. I can't imagine there would be any charge." Shouldn't the dealer's warranty cover this even if it could be consider a "wearable" part? How could a panic stop from a high speed cause this?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

If this turns out to be an issue that I am going to have to pay out of pocket for its going to seriously make me consider getting another ford. I know it sounds like Im jumping to conclusions but I haven't even had a chance to really enjoy the car yet and I have off of college this week and really wanted to enjoy it and now its in the shop already.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Side note, what would be awesome would be a review system based on service experiences with dealerships. Right now Ford is great about asking customer opinions on the sales experience, but I think what would be more important is the after purchase service reputation. You could easily incentivize good behavior of service departments. Better yet, also make the info public so that Ford Customers will go to dealerships that actually treat the customers right.

If there's anything that could set one company apart from the rest in the auto industry, it's the post-sales service. The auto industry is notorious for it's crap-tastic service.
+100000000000000000 I couldnt agree more. My experience with dealers hasnt been the greatest. Plus while I was waiting for my car the other day, just watching how the service techs treat the cars is just sad. They literally start them up off a cold start and drive (dont even let the rpm's come down), and a few of them even like revving the cars up
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Gan6660
If this turns out to be an issue that I am going to have to pay out of pocket for its going to seriously make me consider getting another ford. I know it sounds like Im jumping to conclusions but I haven't even had a chance to really enjoy the car yet and I have off of college this week and really wanted to enjoy it and now its in the shop already.
It's a 'USED' car so not sure how it's Ford fault for a warped rotor on a car that is 3+ years old??? What's the logic? You bought a used car. The dealer may have missed it upon inspection.

This is more of a dealer issue. If you just bought a used car from a dealer (any dealer) they should make it right under their own policies to keep you coming back to their dealership for sales of new or used cars.

Good example. My son got a used Chevy cobalt (2007) from a Mazda Dealership earlier this year. Rear brakes squeaked big time anytime he pressed on the brakes. Took it back to the MAZDA dealership and they fixed the problem under their 7-day out-the-door satisfaction policy. Some dealers are 3-days, some sell "AS-IS". What were the terms of sale for your car and what is the dealers stance on the purchase of used car?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
It's a 'USED' car so not sure how it's Ford fault for a warped rotor on a car that is 3+ years old??? What's the logic? You bought a used car. The dealer may have missed it upon inspection.

This is more of a dealer issue. If you just bought a used car from a dealer (any dealer) they should make it right under their own policies to keep you coming back to their dealership for sales of new or used cars.

Good example. My son got a used Chevy cobalt (2007) from a Mazda Dealership earlier this year. Rear brakes squeaked big time anytime he pressed on the brakes. Took it back to the MAZDA dealership and they fixed the problem under their 7-day out-the-door satisfaction policy. Some dealers are 3-days, some sell "AS-IS". What were the terms of sale for your car and what is the dealers stance on the purchase of used car?
True but I don't see how this happens on a 2 year old car. Their stance is the car was sold with the remainder of the factory warranty and I believe they include a 90 day warranty from the dealership. They said this is required by law. So Im 90% sure it should be covered under some kind of warranty. Is this a common issue with sport cars? Sorry for my non-knowledge but this is a first sports car for me and only 2nd car in general.

Quick Reply: Shaking While Braking.....